PDA

View Full Version : ECM Stock Flash

Spyder171
02-06-2015, 09:14 AM
So now that winter is well underway I'm finally getting around to all the maintenance and fun stuff while I've got plenty of time to have her apart. One of the things I never did was get into ECMSpy but I finally picked up a cable. I have a K&N air filter + Jardine on it and the one thing I noticed a lot was the brutal popping on decel that I heard gets smoothed out by a map. I was just curious if any people had a map they personally used for an '07 XB9R with these 2 mods.

*note - I did go to buellmods.com and downloaded the '07 race map but I'm unsure as to whether this is still proper. Thanks a million guys!

Spyder171
02-10-2015, 03:07 PM
The most popular exhaust and air filter and no one has any help or can offer whether that map would be fine?

ReadyXB
02-10-2015, 07:30 PM
If you are referring to the BUEIB 2007_xb9r-5.txt file, it does have fueling removed from the typical deceleration zones in the fuel maps and -might- reduce popping. Most all changes made from stock come with a tradeoff. You may or may not also experience some choppiness when rolling back on the throttle from a deceleration condition.

theMelvster6
02-11-2015, 08:26 PM
Well...there are two theories to handle deceleration popping. It doesn't necessarily mean you have a lean condition...rather the fuel mixture is being ignited in the pipe after the throttle rapidly closes. One way is to reduce fuel so it won't ignite...something like 17:1 AFR but it can be a little sluggish on return to throttle, however it is a fuel saver. The other way is to add fuel so it won't ignite, but you lose fuel economy, however you have better response when returning to throttle.