PDA

View Full Version : ECMspy is the shizzo!

stopie20
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
So, right now i'm in my garage with the laptop linked up to the buell with the help of ECMspy and let me tell you all who dont know this software is so easy to use its insane! This is by far the best 50 bucks I spent (cable) on the bike so far.

For those of you who do use this software and discuss it frequently on these boards I give you all a HUGE thank you I could'nt be happier right now with all the info I pulled off of here I was able to go online with my bike in like 10 min and 5 of those min were spent looking for my bike keys (darn kids). awesome is all i can say.

GatorBuell
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Yep, my bike runs like a inline 4 now but with the torque of a V. Have you started logging yet?

twisted
04-26-2009, 06:34 PM
i the shop guy said i should get a power commander, he told me its better than remapping. i how ever understand its a lot cheaper for spy keep reading the threads, and im kinda slow after my curb bounce. what will the ecmspy do exactly[confused]

twisted
04-26-2009, 06:37 PM
sorry kids hit me, and computer it when nuts. which is better spy or power commander?

twisted
04-26-2009, 06:41 PM
what does ecmspy do?

dave_xb12r
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
power commander is a piggyback system that alters the signals sent by your computer.

ECMspy changes the maps in the computer, logs a/f and other things, reads codes, and sometimes if you're lucky, it will give you a "happy ending". Why guy wouldn't want ECMspy?

stopie20
04-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm no expert but from the poking around that I've done ECMspy is the ultimate tuning tool. At this point I have not done any logging or changed any mapping, but plant to as soon as my K&N filter shows up.

At this point I have backed up the eeprom and did a TPS reset.

On past motorcycles I have not had good luck with the power commander.

twisted
04-27-2009, 02:26 AM
i upgraded my exhaust to d+d while its being repaired and k+n, the shop guy suggested i put a commander on. i was pretty sure he is just sell me more stuff. Before i say this realize I CAN NOT REMEMBER SH@T! my wife keeps tell me i need to remap it. she is my brain, and a brain.