PDA

View Full Version : Needing some blast parts

chief_of_smoke
02-25-2015, 11:30 PM
needing a few parts for the basket case. here is the list of parts i need. thanks for any help you can give.

spacer in the air box
splined collar for the shifter
2 tie bars
fuel tank braket
a spacer for one of the engine mounts part # CB001.T
snubber washer
all the muffler spacers
and one small muffler braket part # S0117.T
right mirror
also if some one can tell me the size for the screw for the platics and covers would be great. thanks. i have looked up the part numbers for all the missing hardware in the back of the parts manual. some of them are not listed.

chief_of_smoke
02-26-2015, 05:53 PM
Bump

chief_of_smoke
02-27-2015, 04:29 PM
OK so I have tracked down all parts except one. Its part #P0044.T fuel tank bracket. I know there was a recall on this part. Does any one have the part # for the updated part or should I not even worry about it?

DSHUMAKER
02-28-2015, 03:04 AM
I might have some of the exhaust spacers. I put a vance and hines on mine. I'll have to dig to see what I have. Wish I had a pic of what you need

chief_of_smoke
02-28-2015, 04:15 PM
No worries mate. I was able to pick them up from a guy were I live that had a blast. Thanks again for looking for me.

thrstrmech
02-28-2015, 04:33 PM
what year Blast do you have? Here's the recall of the affected bracket:

To: All Buell Dealers

Subject: Safety Recall Campaign 0835

Dear Buell Dealers:

Buell Distribution Company, LLC. has decided that a defect relating to motor vehicle safety may exist on certain 2007 and 2008 model year Buell Blast model motorcycles built May 29, 2007 through June 03, 2008.

The fuel tanks on these Blast model motorcycles may experience some local deformation under high-heat conditions that creates contact of the tank with the cylinder head. In some of these cases, the head rubbing on the fuel tank has created a fuel leak. This could result in a crash or fire, which could cause injury or death to the rider.

We have voluntarily declared this a defect related to motor vehicle safety (Campaign 0835) to allow us to formally recall all affected motorcycles. The remedy is to remove bracket part number P0044.T and replace it with a new bracket which prevents the fuel tank from contacting the cylinder head. A service bulletin outlining the repair and credit procedure will follow within two weeks. Based on the schedule our supplier has provided we expect to begin shipping our first wave of repair kits, on or before the week of September 15, 2008.

In the interest of the safety of our mutual customers and as required by law, you may sell but NOT DELIVER any affected motorcycles to your customers until the remedy is completed. Please refer to h-dnet.com on the Service Page/Safety and Product Campaign/Open Safety Campaign Instructions and the Safety Campaign and Open VIN Lists in the Service Toolbox for an updated list of affected VINs for this recall. Select the appropriate campaign number link (0835) to view any outstanding vehicles involved.

If your dealership sponsors a Rider’s Edge training program utilizing 2007 or 2008 model year Blasts built in the date range above, please inspect these motorcycles before and after every class event to confirm that the clearance between the right side cylinder head fins and the right side of the fuel tank’s tunnel is 1/8 inch or more. If the clearance is less than the 1/8 inch minimum, the motorcycle must be removed from Rider’s Edge duty until the recall service is completed.

In accordance with Federal regulations administrated by NHTSA, Buell Distribution Company, LLC will provide notice to all owners of record of affected products with direction to bring the vehicle in for the recall service.

Sincerely,

Buell Distribution Company, LLC

chief_of_smoke
02-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Its an 08. That the bulletin that I read on here and badweb. I just know that part us no longer in the HD system. As far as it goes now I'm just not going to worry about it. I don't have it any way.