PDA

View Full Version : Help!! trying to get error codes with ECM Spy

brijesh600
04-27-2009, 01:10 PM
please be patient with me on this i am new to ECM Spy so i have a little bit of trouble understanding thescreens,
I was trying to figure the bogging issue on my XB9S, so i hooked up the ECMSpy for the first time, as per the pdf, i went to the trouble shoot screen and tried to see if there are any error codes listed, and it says no error codes logged!
Am i looking at the right screen for error codes?:confused:

secondly i went to the diagnostic section and there at the bottom of the screen, there are about 4 toggle tabs, byte1, byte2 etc and below that it shows these squares which are checked and next to it there are numbers such as 14: fuel pump shorted (-)
14:fuel pump shorted (+) or soemthing like that! are those the error codes that i need to be looking at? Can some one please help me!!:eek:
Also what mode do you work on the ECMSpy, standard, expert or professional and what is the difference?

Seems like an awesome software but i am having a few issues understanding each screen.
thanks!

GatorBuell
04-27-2009, 08:40 PM
1. Yes your looking at the right screen for error codes.

2. Those are not error codes but the little checked boxes tell ecmspy to check for that specific code. If your were to uncheck a box and you got a error code from that sensor it would not be logged by ecmspy and would not show up on the screen.

3. Each level gives you a little more control, but with that control you can screw your bike up. Like basic gives you the ability to check codes TPS reset and look at your temps afv and what not. Expert allows you to changes fuel and timing maps and a few other things and expert allows you to change anything and everything in the eeprom. Its just your comfort level as to what one to use.