PDA

View Full Version : Similar sound to EBR racing exhaust?

GermanDude
03-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Hello all

I own a 2008 XB12Ss Lightning Long.
I have been doing a lot of research on here and I've looked at every single exhaust for our bikes. But I'm having trouble figuring out which exhaust sounds similar to the original EBR Pro Series racing exhaust.

Looking at YouTube videos, I have found that I really like the sound of the pro series racing exhaust but I haven't found one that sounds similar. I don't like the very deep Harley sound. Of course I can't find an original racing exhaust, so I came here to ask what sounds similar.

I haven't found a YouTube video of an alternative exhaust that I liked.

mrlogix
03-16-2015, 12:17 AM
talk to Dean.

d_adams
03-16-2015, 12:42 AM
tJ4PhoDkZRo

Sounds the same on a 12.

mrlogix
03-16-2015, 01:08 AM
:D:D

GermanDude
03-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys. Sounds good. I assume it's Keda? I'm a little confused on which one I need for my XB12Ss Lightning Long

GermanDude
03-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Just saw your video Buell xb9 full exhaust part 2. Now that's the sound I want.

riverotter
03-20-2015, 09:58 PM
DANGER - STRONG OPINION BELOW:

@ GermanDude:
Believe me, that really IS the sound you want. The fact that it looks great is a bonus...Dean's setup sounds absolutely incredible. Low, deep, gutsy, and primordial, with a meaty thump-thump-thump. I've run the stock pipe, Jardine carbon fiber, Jardine aluminum, Hawk single outlet, and Special Ops and have heard the race pipe a number of times, and there's just no comparison. I know, I know...yeah, but I've never heard a ____ or a ____ or ____ pipe (insert your super awesome exhaust __here__) , so how dare I claim ultimate supreme omnipotence for Dean's pipe? I simply don't need to hear another exhaust on a Buell at this point. Dean's pipe is off the charts-bonkers awesome. You won't be disappointed if you order up some up that www.deanadamsdesigns.com goodness. Recordings sound fine, but an in-person experience is exponentially better!

Cheers!

bwylie_99
03-21-2015, 12:22 AM
You trying to get a discount too riverotter? Me too, Dean's pipes are the shizznit!

d_adams
03-21-2015, 12:28 AM
Just saw your video Buell xb9 full exhaust part 2. Now that's the sound I want.

Same muffler, revised header in the 2nd video. They sound the same in person, if they're not exactly the same on video, it's due to different cameras used.