PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2008 1125R Clutch Cover.

Eric_K
03-21-2015, 06:44 PM
Hey,

Scraped up my clutch cover pretty bad a few weeks ago. Went through the plastic puck and shaved down the metal a bit. Leaks now and I don't think there's enough metal left to hold a new puck in place for long.

I was looking for basically any replacement cover/puck assembly available but I haven't had much luck looking online and my local dealer says the cover is unavailable. Found the stator side cover on ASB but not the clutch side.

I'm ok with a stock replacement, other pucks are available and I can pick up a GBR or other protector but the Rev B set looks more robust.
What is the part number for the Rev B kit and what other parts are necessary for the replacement?
Anyone know where to shop for these covers, stock or otherwise?

Thanks for your help.

Kruizen
03-22-2015, 01:07 PM
I know I have a new metal puck lying around, and I might have a cover also that I'd be willing to sell. I'll take a look tonight when I get home.

Email me at ekruizenga at cox.net

Kruizen
03-23-2015, 01:18 AM
I have a cover(can't remember if it was actually ever on the bike) no scratches. and a new aluminum puck. I'll sell these for the right price, need the money to switch to a chain drive.

I can send you pictures if interested. Email me at ekruizenga at cox.net

Eric_K
03-24-2015, 01:05 AM
Thanks Kruizen,

Sending an email now. . .

Kruizen
03-26-2015, 09:53 AM
Cover and puck sold

Eric_K
04-09-2015, 04:29 AM
I should have updated this. . .

Got the cover and puck. Thanks Kruizen.

Was just waiting for various o-rings that I picked up today.

Should be all good now. Just need to work on hiding the various scrapes and scratches on my pods and fairing. Going to play around and sand/paint them. Should be interesting.

Take care,

Kruizen
04-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Done that also. Sand them well then you can lay down a very thin layer of bondo and re sand it till it's almost gone. Got mine so smooth you really couldn't tell they were ever down multiple times