PDA

View Full Version : Swapping exhausts from XB9 to XB12ss?

JVoidXB12
03-23-2015, 01:33 AM
I Have an 03 xb9 with a D&D muffler and an 06 xb12ss with a special ops exhaust, (basically a modded stock exhaust) , both have race chips and airbox mod. was curious if anyone knows if I'd be able to swap the mufflers without having any issues? Thanks!

oh9bolt
03-23-2015, 02:46 AM
All US Xb's 9 or 12 have the same diameter opening on the exhaust and header

JVoidXB12
03-23-2015, 06:21 AM
I thought so thanks!. Am also curious if it would effect the performance/Tuning of the bike at all? Had issues previously, with Fuel injected bikes running a little "off" when an aftermarket pipe was put on. Figured they should be good since both were setup for performance, but figured I'd ask someone who know more than I do.

user_deleted
03-23-2015, 12:32 PM
both have race chips
not with the stock ecm's they don't.
tuning? if you have any riding experience at all you can decipher this yourself. get your gear on....get fresh fuel in the bike...get a bit of heat in the motor and take a 15 mile ride over varying terrain. does it cold start and idle well? does it warm idle well? how does it respond to various throttle openings? popping out the exhaust on decel? smelling up your garage with exhaust fumes? any surging during steady throttle cruise? lastly....after your ride and you return do not let the bike idle. shut it off, let it cool off, and remove the front plug and take a reading. don't know how? google it. all of this will tell you in short order if the tuning on your bikes is "in the ballpark".