PDA

View Full Version : Help! Buell XB9SX

alder1974
04-29-2009, 05:30 PM
Hello

I have a buell xb9sx the 2008 model. Ever since ive brought the bike ive had nothing but problems, and little help from the dealership where i brought the bike! Any advice on the main problem below is greatly appreciated!

When i brought it immediatly i noticed that the bike, isnt always responsive to accelerating, most of the time is just looses power when I try to accelerate. It was re mapped by the dealership but the problem continues.

Thank you.

alder1974
04-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Also can anyone please tell me what is involved with the stage 1. What exactly is it, what parts do you get etc?

squiers007
04-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey welcome, and sorry you are having problems. First off, you say that the dealership did a remap, did they actually put your bike on a dyno and remap the ECM or did they simply do a TPS reset?

Second, I'm not sure what you are referring to when you talk about a stage 1? I know you can get stage 1 upgrades for Harleys, but that is strictly a Harley thing, not a Buell thing.

Another thing I would search for to solve your acceleration problem is doing a breather re-route here is a link with a bunch of good info. Also, I'm curious how many miles you have on the bike and if you have done any other mods like exhaust of intake?

Breather re-route (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/Re-route-hoses)

alder1974
04-29-2009, 07:17 PM
I bought the bike spankin new, i could tell there was problems straight away and told them so. I'm coming up to 8000Kms now, getting ready for second service.

The bike is as is from the dealers, no mods YET.

LeFox
04-29-2009, 07:49 PM
you need to do the tps reset (2008, you can do this yourself without other hard/software) and do a decent ride-in.

ride-in: slow accelerations, but prefferable, keep it at a steady pace around 3000rpm's for about 10 minutes.

alder1974
04-29-2009, 08:13 PM
k, thanx