PDA

View Full Version : Seat Help!

mrdozer2you
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I really like the Corbin Gunfighter seat, only problem is I have a xb12ss and they only have the seat for the "S" model. What can I do? Does anyone know of a similar seat that will fit the SS? Or does anybody have a hookup on somebody that could duplicate this seat or something similar using my stock seat? Thanks, any ideas or suggestions would be nice.

The reason I want a new seat is that I ride with my wife on the back alot, and everytime I hit a bump or stop she slides down into my seat. Thus crushing my twig and berries.:D

MPea3
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
There's no shortage of saddle guys around who can work with your existing saddle to change it how you need it. I'm not crazy about Corbin, due to some fit and finish problems that I've seen and how they look after a few years. I've always preferred Sargent saddles, and I know they'll re-do an existing saddle however you want it, but you'd have to give it up for a few days.

Buy a 2nd saddle off of ebay, use it while yours is being redone, and then sell it afterward? You've definitely gotta look out for Big Al & the twins...

mrdozer2you
06-12-2007, 04:03 PM
I would rather just buy an aftermarket one....I'm sure I could find a company to re do mine. I just dont have the time or energy to fart around with it:(

twistedengineering
07-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Don't buy the Select Seat. I've had it for 3 days already the leather has "risen" off the foam, and the front doesn't hug the tank correctly.

anrusso
07-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Mr dozer. I found the corbin site confusing myself when I was in the market for a seat. however, I believe the first two listed items at http://www.corbin.com/buell/ is exactly what you are looking for. They even have an option with a back support for the SS for your wife to be comfy. The standard GF seat for the S is the fourth one down the list w/ out the back support option. Hope this helps...