PDA

View Full Version : Buell Uly conversion to a bobber....

steller
04-30-2009, 01:28 PM
just wondering if anyone has looked into these conversion kits. and if so what you all think. And for all the uly lovers what do u guys think of these bobbers, and what issues u think one might run into with the conversion. let me konw what u folks think and be honest, im seriously considering this for the winter project on my 06 uly. http://www.bitterendchoppers.com/BuellConversionKit.html

LeFox
04-30-2009, 02:12 PM
not my thing...

i'll get a bobber sometime, but i won't ruin a buell for it.

stopie20
04-30-2009, 02:22 PM
I would like to get hooked up with someone on here that is proficient with auto CAD to draw up some Buell/ hard tail pro street concepts that I've been thinking about. (I can be a sick little man)...

The Buell already has a bobber look and for those seeking such a ride I would like to "help" design a package that would retain the frame, swingarm and other pieces you may choose to keep. This would be a simple kit, and best of all it would be completley reversible if you got tired of it.

racepro716
04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Why in the hell would somebody take a near perfect handling bike like a Buell and do that to it? Same goes for those R1-GSXR-NINJA's and such and add those stupid long swingarms. Just ruining a perfectly good bike. Just my 2 cents. Wayne

dave_xb12r
04-30-2009, 09:46 PM
That kit uses XBRs triple tree. If i came across a XBR with a messed up frame for cheap, I'd consider doing this. I probably wouldn't ride it much at all, but it would be cool to look at.

maybebuell
04-30-2009, 10:11 PM
there called mutant buell choppers..some of thee better looking choppers out there...club chopper has guys who build mutants ,,,there cool as hell....a buell chopper section on this site with a few pics and a little time will double the size of this fine site

xtremelow
04-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Redneckengineering.com

I was in the process of selling my XB and getting one of re bobbers but decided to spend some money in my XB instead.

The bikes need to be converted to a carb setup, and the kits come with a wiring kit. As far as controls and other up grades you can spend quite anbit but a basic one if built by yourself will run around $12,000 which includes the cost of your donor bike.

stopie20
05-01-2009, 01:24 AM
nope, I would retain all elec, fuel injection, and would almost require a supercharger.

besides It would make a great third bike for me. I mean its either that or a ducati for a spare, Me I'd rather have a bobber buell (aluminum fram, swingarm, and fulie) than a Duck.;)

GatorBuell
05-01-2009, 01:41 AM
The guy that talked me into checking out Buell to began with built a bobber out of a M2. Cool bike but I would much rather put a 100+ S&S motor in that frame. I mean why ruin a Buell to have a half ass bobber when you can build something nasty with big bore S&S Knuckle head.

dave_xb12r
05-01-2009, 02:03 AM
^^^ Agreed

But I do like the look of XBR wheels, forks, tripple tree and bars on a chopper

xtremelow
05-01-2009, 06:49 AM
The reason for the carb conversion is to minimize the wires since a bobber is all about the simplicity, not to mention tree would be no where to put all the extra wires from thee stock setup.

although a buell is a badass bike thus the reason I own one something about having a bike that evn fewer people own and one that looks completely different than any other for a fraction of the price is why I looked into one. As far as a donor bike that was the biggest reason I didn't want to do the conversion I hated to think about ripping apart my bike being pefectly good. So I was going to sell mine and buy one already done to save time and money. It would be cool to say you built your own bike but I have modified so many cars and trucks that i didnt care about spending all the extra money to just be able to say "I built it."

Although you can find them on eBay done and but one of those them personalize it along with keeping your own bike.

benface1200
04-05-2016, 09:24 PM
im building a buell xb12s mutant 2005 in a redneck eng frame ...did the s&s carb e series conversion...what stuff do i need to fire my beast...noticed need a rotor cap?different coil and ignition...any info would be sweet.
Cheers Ben
australia