PDA

View Full Version : New Buell owner

Shady1704
04-19-2015, 01:02 AM
I just got a nice '05 Firebolt 12r and I have to say I'm totally in love! I've been riding all my life (30+years) and my last bike was a '02 GSXR-1000 but this Buell has changed my life! It's so perfect in every way. I need to know what to look for and need performance upgrades advice. I want to do most myself so any at home tips will be appreciated! I'm hooked for life!

thrstrmech
04-19-2015, 05:07 PM
welcome to the forum, pics or it didn't happen:D not familiar with the 12's, but with all...check the norm, wheel bearings, grounds and battery connections are tight, brake pads and rotors, belt, forks for leaks, steering head bearings, idler pulley bearings, any loose hardware visible to the eye, use low strength Loctite on the hardware unless specified in the manual to use otherwise, download the service manual from Buellmods.com...sure I haven't covered everything that's just off the top of my head.

neilrl79
04-20-2015, 08:44 AM
[up]

Chicknstripn
04-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the club!!!
You just had one of the most knoledgeble minds on this forum give you some great tips! Thrstrmech knows what's what when it comes to Buell knowledge!
This forum has a great knowledge base!
One thing I'm sure you've probably already noticed about your Buell is the fact that it will NEVER match the straight line speed of your GSXR. That being said, one of the most cost effective "performance" mods you can do to your bike is to insure the suspension is properly set up for your weight and riding style. The link thrstrmech posted should also contain a downloadable owners manual, if you don't have one.
What a Buell will do, that I don't believe many bike on the market can duplicate, is rail curves! It's what got me addicted!

mrlogix
04-20-2015, 02:09 PM
What a Buell will do, that I don't believe many bike on the market can duplicate, is rail curves! It's what got me addicted!

[up][up]

welcome to the forum and the world of Buells. Did you bring any beer? :D

Shady1704
04-28-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Beer on me!! Lol

Shady1704
04-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys! Beer on me!! Lol

djs2k2
04-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Um late but welcome![up]