PDA

View Full Version : Ingition... then a single *Click*....

Honch777
04-19-2015, 02:29 AM
So today being a gorgeous Saturday, I wheeled my '04 12R out, polished her all up, turned the key and hit the switch...

Then I just heard the starter solenoid click and Everything went dead... No lights, gauges, etc...

Then 10 secs later, it came online, gauges swept and everything reset like normal. This happened 5 more times before I took the seat off and wiggled the battery wires alil bit... After doing that, it fired right up like normal.

Any ideas on this? I would say to myself "it was a loose wire" but prior to hitting the Ignition switch, everything was getting power just as normal..

Thanks
PS - This is a brand new Yuasa battery fresh off the tender before doing this.

WayneBrettzky
04-19-2015, 02:43 AM
I was having similar issues. Mine really was just a loose battery connection. Needed the post spacer to tighten the cable nice and snug. No problems anymore.

Honch777
04-19-2015, 02:47 AM
Yeah, the connections I wiggled around WERE slightly loose, because of not having a long enough terminal screw. Perhaps a trip to the hardware store is in order...

WayneBrettzky
04-19-2015, 02:55 AM
Slightly loose for me too... maybe 1/16th of wiggle room.

Honch777
04-20-2015, 12:32 AM
Welp, after a brief visit to Lowes and buying a slightly longer terminal screw, now everything's tight n snug.... Problem solved!
Thanks for the tip Wayne [up]