PDA

View Full Version : Burl Ulysses Jardine RT FOUR off road?

brawhit
04-19-2015, 11:29 PM
First post. Hey guys. So, I'm the recent new owner of a 2007 uly with 19,500 miles. Totally in love, sold off a BMW K1200RS for this and couldn't be happier. But... I'm finding some odd info. It's got a Jardine RT FOUR off road exhaust pipe and a big thing (I'm guessing a silencer) hanging off the tip. When I try to find the pipe online, all I can find it for is dirt bikes. I'm just wondering if this is even a compatible system to have on my bike or is it going to damage anything or whatever. It performs great, back fires a little. Seeps some oil from somewhere. I'll be taking it to te local Harley shop soon. But really I'm just puzzled about the pipe. Any help is great. Thanks guys.

camouflage
04-20-2015, 02:10 AM
Congrats on the purchase and welcome :D[up]

I would guess somebody made it fit if it has the spring style mounting like the RT-1 that fits the XB. As your bike is a dual purpose bike a previous owner could of bought it for a different bike of a similar style.... a KLR650 maybe???

I wouldnt worry too much as long as you find it works for you. I run an RT-1 on my XB and have not hand any issues but a word of advise is to keep an eye on its packing and repack it as soon as you notice changes in the exhaust note or in the performance of the bike. There are a few threads on here about repacking the jardine but its pretty straight forward and if like my you use FMF 4 stroke packing its relativly cheap ($9).