PDA

View Full Version : 03 blast died when hot

buellproblems
04-21-2015, 12:23 PM
hey guys I just got a 03 blast I just took it out for a cruise yesterday and it seams like it missing. it starting back firing on me pushing thick clouds of smoke out the exhaust then it just lost all power and died on the side of the road then I push it off let it cool down for 15-20 minutes and then the damn thing started right up like nothing ever happened to it. if you guys know what is wrong with it that would be great i don't want to spend $100 for the dealer to tell me what it is if its just a easy fix. i have read it could be a slow jet, a coil, ignition, tune up. or me being a dumass

Cosworth
04-21-2015, 07:47 PM
The coil is easy to check id start there, heres a video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OANfjyXJaDU

jetlee
04-22-2015, 06:21 PM
That's a cool guy in that video! :D

If not the coil, then the ignition module itself which is more common to fail. The coil is an easy check, though.

Cosworth
04-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Lol its my go to when possible coil issues pop up.

mrlogix
04-22-2015, 08:06 PM
jetlee- nice vid. What kind of beer is that?

jetlee
04-23-2015, 04:19 PM
Thank you. It's Raspberry Shocktop. That was during my Shocktop kick. Now I'm drinking lots of Firestone and learning to appreciate the hoppiness of IPA's.

buellproblems
04-27-2015, 12:05 PM
shock top if I remember correctly. I ordered a coil from the dealer. 20 bucks if its not the fix it was 20 bucks but I am also going to have them plug it in (2015/5/1/) and see if it not doing anything else they also said they would fix any small things but I can image the view on small things ie taking it off the trailer or pushing it 10 feet. so ill have around 110 into the trip to the dealer on this one. thx guys I will let you know what the problem was. thx for the help and the video