PDA

View Full Version : ECMSPY Questions?????

ADAMLEE
05-05-2009, 03:30 PM
To all that replay, THANKS!

I'm up in the air with buying the cable and doing the map'n myself. How hard is it figure out the right configuration for my Bike.?

I own a XB12Ss with an open Air box kit, K&N Air Filter, and an RT-1 Jardine pipe.

I have access to a computer and seem that if this works I could do the same for my '09 Harley Fatbob and my buddies motorcycles as well. Is it worth learning how do do this type of adjustments or should I leave it to the pros? I don't want to ruin the thousands of dollas I have invested in to my bikes.

Any other information would be greatly appreciated. I know ASB has links to get the software, are there and DUMMIES guide to using the software and hardware?

I live near Sacramento California if you guys know people in twn that could help that would be great too!

Thanks,
Adam

Stevenc150
05-06-2009, 01:54 AM
It's worth it to get a cable to do TPS Resets And keeping check on Engine codes. The ability to remap & modify your ECM, if you decide to, is an added bonus.

How hard is it figure out the right configuration for my Bike.? Depends on the individual and how much time and determination you can put into it. Will need to learn Megalog Viewer & have a laptop (or Palm) to datalog rides with also.

I have access to a computer and seem that if this works I could do the same for my '09 Harley Fatbob and my buddies motorcycles as well.I'm thinking ECMSpy won't work on those or any other bikes than Buell? (Curious about this myself.)

Is it worth learning how do do this type of adjustments or should I leave it to the pros? Definitely worth it but it takes time. Can occasionally be good for free beer from fellow Buellers also! [up]

I know ASB has links to get the software, are there and DUMMIES guide to using the software and hardware? ECMSpy.com has free downloadable guides including the Megalogviewer download. Xoptiinside.com also has a lot of good tuning info as well.