PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Might Very Well Buy Erik Buell Racing

fbfrider
06-03-2015, 06:06 PM
I hope this happens, would be cool to see and all new motor like the one their using in the156 Project with Roland Sands.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/polaris-might-very-well-buy-erik-buell-racing-95718.html

http://www.buellxb.com/buell_images/6669_20150603130449_L.jpg

BambamXB12r
06-03-2015, 06:19 PM
That would be nice. Erik building bikes again is all I want to see. I don't even care if they are strictly race bikes while he builds a name for them and may be five or ten years down the road start manufacturing. We need an American superbike.

Hughlysses
06-03-2015, 10:01 PM
If you compare photos, the motor appears to be based on the one in the current Indian Scout, which seems to be a pretty good engine. It would be cool to see Victory build a street legal flat tracker or standard similar to this bike.

Too bad somebody can't show up at Pike's Peak with a race prepped EBR 1190SX. I'd love to see how it would compare to this thing. A guy on a modified Buell 1125CR (with EBR 1190 kit installed) came in SECOND a couple of years ago despite the fact that he dropped the bike in a turn half way up, had to pick it up, and continue.

heagachongoose
06-03-2015, 10:18 PM
Polaris also just bought brammo not too long ago. They are branching out with serious intentions. It could happen.

Matteson
06-04-2015, 12:45 AM
There is a dealer in Ozark that sells Victory. They pulled all the Brammo's out. He knows of a motor in the works within Polaris that is a twin that will smoke anything around. He believes they are using the Brammo frame and all that design to put this thing in it. So the rumor goes anyway.

heagachongoose
06-04-2015, 12:53 AM
I wonder if that motor is made in Wisconsin :p

apsolus
06-04-2015, 02:25 PM
just so long as we have buells again.

user_deleted
06-04-2015, 03:03 PM
let's set the record straight here. Florin Tibu authored that article and he sux. this isn't the first time he lit off the internet rumor mills with wild-assed speculation with no basis other than hunches. guy is a butt-hole.
from an industry insider who knows these things well....here's the real story:
1- polaris will NEVER EVER resurrect EBR. one manufacturer does not come to the aid of another fallen manufacturer to bail them out and resurrect prior competition. not even logical. do not confuse this with gobbling up table scraps and bail-outs.
2-the folks at the helm of the polaris ship are incredibly smart. they see themselves as a V-twin company and do find a few of buell/ebr components and tech appealing to them.
3-polaris will never enter the "sportbike/rice-rocket" world. never. market incredibly saturated. what they are eyeing up is a type of standard and/or adventure bike. the adventure bike incredibly popular and continues to see growth and will for the forseeable next 10 year product cycle. polaris insiders believe there is healthy demand for a top quality competitively priced bike along the lines of the V-strom 1000 but with quality improvements and better componentry. they see table scraps from EBR demise entering into the picture as both upper mid-west companies.
that's all there is to it.

GregoXB
06-04-2015, 08:28 PM
'Tis but a pipe dream.

GregoXB
06-04-2015, 08:29 PM
'Tis but a pipe dream.

pur pony
06-04-2015, 08:32 PM
last i heard someone bought an EBR 1190 and is prepping it for pikes peak!

jazzybeats
06-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Ronin took an one of thier bikes and put an 1190 motor in it for pikes peak as well.

fbfrider
06-05-2015, 05:49 PM
You may be right lunaticfringe about Polaris passing on the EBR buy , but as this video shows Polaris did not hesitate to say this was a race bike. We may not know the overall outcome of this project and what kind of impact it would have on the American market, but if their producing bikes like this the possibilities for a future v-twin sport bike could be there. Hopefully Erik Buell will be involved.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmWcd_AnQj8

heagachongoose
06-05-2015, 06:04 PM
After looking into it a bit, I doubt they will purchase EBR. It would be silly for them to after investing all of the money that they have in their project 156. As a potentially emerging sportbike producer it makes little sense for them to start out with two high powered v twin bikes. They would be competing with themselves essentially.

cjanderson_90
06-05-2015, 06:55 PM
I just want to wake up and come on the forum and find out someone has decided to continue to make buell parts for all models till the end of time

user_deleted
06-05-2015, 10:45 PM
I just want to wake up and come on the forum and find out someone has decided to continue to make buell parts for all models till the end of time

trust me....the aftermarket will kick in when oem supplies dry up and manufacture what is in demand. how do i know? buell in all it's years produced approx. the same total amount of bikes as kawasaki did between 1969 and 1976 in the H series 2-stroke triple lineup. there are as many parts available now in the supply line as there were 1 year after the plug pulled on widowmakers by mother kawi. it's all about demand. if it's there the parts are produced. simple as that.

Matteson
06-06-2015, 12:34 AM
I just watched that video. Very cool bike. Never was interested in Victory until now...

heagachongoose
06-06-2015, 12:46 AM
Same here Matteson. I'm anxious to see how/if it turns out in production.

thrstrmech
06-06-2015, 03:29 PM
we've seen twinmotorcycles and others produce some parts already...this will continue for years to come. look at how much more popular the XB line has become since HD close the doors. 1125's are picking up steam as well, some more activity with tubers also...us older folk been there, done that and continue to. it's the younger group bringing new life into it. this isn't exclusive to the states either...just saying

generalcuz
06-11-2015, 06:02 PM
I am taking my 1125cr down to Pikes to watch the Ronin run at the end of the month. Wonder if they have onsite day of registration. :P My CR is pretty modified and I ride the Pike road a lot in the summer. hmmmm. Wish I wasn't buried with work and mountain bike races, might consider it more seriously.

Anyone else going?

cjanderson_90
06-11-2015, 07:55 PM
In order to do the pikes peak I believe you have to be rated Pro in the AMA. Not sure if they do a "run what you brung" type deal but I dont think they do.

konarider94
06-11-2015, 08:05 PM
pro card for what kind of racing? or any pro card will work?

konarider94
06-11-2015, 08:11 PM
i looked up the rule book. There is a line in the entrant eligibility that reads
"All rookie riders must submit an expert or professional license from a recognized motorcycle
racing organization with their request for invitation. "

Getting a pro card is not easy. And even if you have one its still up to the discretion of the pikes peak officials. It says they can even request riders to demonstrate their abilities.

twobuells
07-14-2015, 01:03 AM
Several dirt trackers have raced at pikes peak. Your supposed to be successful in amateur racing before moving on to first year pro otherwise known as novice class. Unless the rules have changed you start out on a 600 single. 40 points and one year later your now rated a junior and get to race the twins but with a restrictor plate that sometime makes you think your old single was just as fast as your new bike. Eighty points later your rated expert and can enter national events. Sounds easy right.

konarider94
07-14-2015, 01:04 PM
I actually read the rule book to find out. It sounds like you're familiar with dirt tracks, and that may be how you earn a pro card in that area. However, people can come from a variety of motorcycle racing disciplines, especially since its all paved now. The organizing group for pikes peak can request you to demonstrate your motorcycle skills before being allowed to race in addition to the other stuff.

Also did anyone notice where representatives from Victory/Indian(Polaris) explicitly said they have no interest in EBR.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/july/victorys-sporting-future/