PDA

View Full Version : speedo stoped working

dereckxb9r
05-05-2009, 03:53 PM
my speedo was workin fine one day riding then it just stoped all the sudden. the wires going into the instrument panel is okay. probley just the speed sensor???anyone have this problem???the tach works still.

BuellPartsGuy
05-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Speed sensor probably.....

Speed Sensor - 74431-01B - $59.99

Buellysses
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
That would be my vote, speed sensor... You can find it behind the motor, on the trans right near the drive pulley. Make sure the wires didn't come loose. Also check continuity. Its power and ground come from the ECU, pins 1 and 7 on the grey connector. The signal goes to the ECU (pin 8-grey) and the cluster (pin 16).

It's a magnetic style pickup sensor, so if it came loose (moved away from the gear inside) it may not work... so make sure its tight.

I'm referencing the 2005 manual from this site. Page B-23 for the electrical. Page 7.17 for the mechanical.

ADAMLEE
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Mine has been a nightmare everyday after the 3-4 month of owning it. I had the dealer replace it three times under warrnty. They kept giving me that "dumb ass look" when I asked them why it was a reacurring problem.

I love the local Buell mechanics........Just like I love a wet fart!

I realize now that I don't care what my speed is. traffic tells me wether or not I need to watch for cops.