PDA

View Full Version : direct link remapping tool

05xb12r
06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
has anyone used this, and how well did work for you, and what mods did you do to your bike that you had to use this.

v12tiger
06-12-2007, 11:06 PM
worked great for me.. you should be atleast slightly technically inclined, but you're using this forum so you're atleast halfway there.. I have k&n, open airbox, and d&d exhaust.. I remapped the stock ecm so this was best option.. I can give more details if you need to know

I bought a custom map from ASB, specific to my setup, but it's possible to use DL and a dyno and create your own map, based on your analysis. <-- too much work for me.... actually the only difficult part of getting the DL to work was finding a MS box that had a 9 pin male serial port.. otherwise you have to order a usb/serial adapter from Radio shack...

wish DL made a *nix platform version.. would've saved me alot of trouble... but overall it went extremely smooth, no issues whatsoever, and my bike runs alot better now.. also I can reset my TPS and AFV whenever I want.. :D

hottoddy69
06-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Is it true that a true Dyno can run approx 1000miles of of your tires (due to the drag)?

maybebuell
06-14-2007, 09:49 PM
no

slydwazer
06-15-2007, 02:01 AM
The Direct Link software is an excellent tool to remap your stock ECU IF you know what you're doing OR have access to a modified fuel map for your configuration of exhaust system and intake. I use one map for track days / racing and another for the street. Pretty convenient tool.