PDA

View Full Version : Dealership scewed me, I think..

JacksdaddyNC
06-09-2015, 02:33 AM
Okay, so I was told by the Dealership that my Buell that I purchased on January 23, 2013,(1,154 miles) was traded in and was used, I have sinced then paid it off, and now that the Title has arrived and in my hand, I see that it in fact - I was the first owner, and that maybe they lied to keep from having to honor the 24 month warranty.

What should I do now ??

I am planning on selling her anyway, but still I think I got screwed. Brad, NC, USA

djs2k2
06-09-2015, 02:47 AM
Well depends, did you ever need any work that would have been covered under the warranty period? If not then, it was shady but no foul on you!

JacksdaddyNC
06-09-2015, 03:21 AM
Okay, I never needed them, but you are right, thanks-djs2k2
[up]

djs2k2
06-09-2015, 03:35 AM
Congrats on being a one owner on that note! :D

go cytocis
06-09-2015, 04:30 AM
On the one hand, if you never required any warranty work, no 'damages' were incurred by you so no legal action against the dealership would yield anything.

On the other hand, it sure sounds like the dealership was dishonest & unethical. They should be at least confronted by you for an explanation & some possible restitution for their misinformation. Perhaps a third party agency like the BBB should also be notified.

user_deleted
06-09-2015, 10:49 AM
it's a civil matter and it goes like this if your facts are correct and can be corroborated with documentation:
you purchased a cycle with accrued mileage at time of purchase. dealership sells and represents to you as a trade-in and used....inference is that it was previously owned and titled to someone else. you come to find it was not. was your purchase price in line with a comparable cycle and its pricing? if so nothing to litigate.
there's an appearance this was a "demo" bike. demo bikes are typically abused to the point of ridiculousness. therefore their resale value sux. can you prove your bike was one of these units? if so you have a legitimate cause of action.

those are your options.

konarider94
06-09-2015, 12:38 PM
They probably used it for demos. You were the first owner but it was still used. I would not pay a premium for a "new" bike that had over 1000 miles on it. What makes you think you got screwed?

poppinsexz
06-09-2015, 01:14 PM
How can you tell you were the only owner?
Here once a title is issued only the current owner and any leinholders are listed on the title.
when I buy a used vehicle from someone I take the title to the DMV and a new one in my name is issued.