PDA

View Full Version : xb9r "coughs" at red light

dereckxb9r
05-06-2009, 05:28 PM
every once in a while after sitting at a red light, as soon as i twist the throttle, i get a cough, or pop that you can feel coming up threw the air cleaner. i use to work as a parts guy for the service dept for my local harley dealership and had one of my techs reset the tps on it before i left. still, the same problem.

BuellPartsGuy
05-06-2009, 05:46 PM
A breather re-route and an open airbox mod would probably take most of that away.....

Search around on here there is a lot of info on either of these mods....

Stevenc150
05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
Yeah, this will help with your problem quite a bit: Breather Reroute with Pics (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/How-To-Crank-Case-Breather-Mod-with-pics)

Jornum1
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
I still had that problem with mine after the breather reroute. Only until I had xopti make me a tune, did it stop. Not sure what he changed, but it seems to be something in the ecm from my experience.

Stevenc150
05-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Yeah, everyone has different experiences with the reroute, but overall there is an improvement, if only slightly. But it's worth doing, if not just to keep the residue out of your airbox & intake. I think regional issues come into play with the reroute also.

Afterwards, you're right, nothing can compare to a custom tuning.