PDA

View Full Version : Bar Risers?

MnBueller
06-24-2015, 09:30 PM
Seems like I may be the only one who posts in here...
Anyway, has anyone tried a 2 inch handlebar lift?
Just wondering if we have enough length in the cables and wires.
It looks like it will work, but thought I'd toss it out here to see if anybody has any success/failure stories.
Thanks!

billstickly1
06-25-2015, 03:48 AM
who makes a 2 inch riser?

MnBueller
06-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Rox. Get them here from Twisted Throttle
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/handlebar-risers-barbacks-buell-ulysses-xb12x-blast-lightning-xb9sx-xb12s-xb12scg-xb12ss-pair

UMDterp13
06-25-2015, 05:19 PM
It pulls pretty hard, 1" is more acceptable

stamen
06-25-2015, 05:36 PM
yea I had 1 inch on my xb12ss and cables/hoses were pretty tight, 2 will be on the fence I think.

MnBueller
06-26-2015, 03:10 AM
Good stuff guys...keep 'em coming!

RamMan4x4
01-03-2016, 01:22 PM
I installed some precision engineering 1in bar risers (linked below) on my Uly last weekend and I think any higher will require longer throttle cables. The clutch cable might be OK. PE also makes a 2.5in bar riser (also linked below), but they state it typically requires cable modification...I don't know if that means routing or new cables.

http://www.preeng.com/xcart/1-Bar-Riser.html

http://www.preeng.com/xcart/2.5-Bar-Riser.html

dawiz45
02-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Yep...I stalled 1" and it was all I could get out of the cables, lines & wires!

ChiTownEngineer
01-11-2017, 02:32 PM
Thought I'd kick the dust off this thread. I just installed the Precision Engineering 2.5" bar risers (yep, they still make them) on my '08 Uly. The throttle cables are long enough, though just barely. The brake hose needs to be "modified". Basically, I loosened the two clamps and pulled the hose up by about 1.5". This is a little bit of a pain because the rubber grommets on the hose are lightly glued in place. A little WD40 and some twisting and they do come loose though. This still leaves plenty of slack by the caliper for suspension travel, so no worries there.

I also installed the 2" drop pegs from Precision Engineering. They provide an additional 1" drop over the stock pegs and have a MUCH better platform. These two together make for a much nicer riding position, especially when riding standing up. I'm 6'3" and, although not as much as say, a KTM 1190, I'm pretty darn upright when I stand now. No more hunched over trail riding. Can't wait to hit the trails now!

njloco
01-11-2017, 04:12 PM
It's good you were able to modify it and make it more comfy. I guess I'm lucky being at a height of 5'9" but then I do have a little more trouble when straddling the bike, it's not enough for me to be concerned at this time but if it becomes a problem I'll try the lower seat. I had TKC 70's on my Triumph Explorer and had very good results with them on road mileage wise, as well as off road, handling wise. These will go on my Ully next. Right now I have road tires on the ully and can't go off road except for really hard pack.

jd.hd.buelly.crzy
01-16-2017, 04:11 AM
Thanks ChiTown for the update. I too have been looking at the pegs. I need to go on a long ride to justify the high price of them though..hahaha

ChiTownEngineer
01-16-2017, 01:16 PM
Yeah, they're not cheap, that's for sure. They are quite nicely made though and WAY better grip if you plan on getting any mud on your boots (or tires).

cvc
02-05-2021, 03:42 PM
I put 1" risers on my XT no cable issues and slipped the fork tubes up just touching the bars for a 1.2" drop on the front at 5'7" and 29" inseam still a little tall but can back up without jumping off now.