PDA

View Full Version : Rental during vacation

Tbone
07-07-2015, 07:49 PM
While on vacation in Portland Oregon, my wife and I rented a BMW R1200 RT with a topcase and rode 2 up most of the time. After 380 miles of riding my wife said that the Uly is still the most comfortable 2 up bike she has been on! Great riding in Oregon, sure is beautiful there!

user_deleted
07-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Paul Dean who is senior editor for Cycle World and generally considered to be one of the foremost authorities on all that is cycling....just named the 2014 R1200RT as the world's finest all-around motorcycle. this after he logged nearly 11,000 miles on a long term test bike. owning one i have to agree with him. my GF has a big round fat ass and finds the passenger seat quite to her liking which is amazing considering she bitches about most everything.

rchuff
07-07-2015, 10:11 PM
^^^^^^ LOL! Now that is funny john but you know they have to bitch about something. If she bitches about most everything she is way ahead of the game. :D

Tbone
07-07-2015, 10:47 PM
From my driver point of view, the BMW had a lot of Gizmo's on the bars which were pretty cool. Cruising around it was pretty nice and smooth. In the maneuvering around parking lots, traffic, slow speed turning, it was just as quirky as the Uly. They Uly suspension feels a lot more responsive and controlled front and rear than the BMW as well as more nimble. The Uly Engine also is a lot more responsive than the BMW, though the BMW could rev higher. My wife says, the Uly is more comfortable as a passenger, is there any ratings for professionals that are passengers? So far my passenger says that there is nothing more comfortable than a stock Uly.