PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Buell XB12R in TX. 2400mi.

JasonandMichelle
07-10-2015, 04:46 PM
Hey guys,

I'm trying to sell this locally, and am not having a ton of luck (although it hasn't been long). I thought I'd shoot it here in case anyone who actually cares about Buells is looking for one. $4500 located in Houston.

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5106821722.html

I mention it in my listing, but I'm looking to sell it for two reasons: 1) I flat out don't ride it like I want to. I had a Buell before kids and now that I have three (5yo, 3yo, and 1yo) I find I don't have a lot of time. That, and my wife keeps reminding me that even though I have a healthy life insurance policy, she'd like the kids to have a dad. I'm a responsible rider, and I believe when its your time its your time regardless of what you're doing, I still see her point. It's hard to throw it in a corner at 90 when you're thinking of the kids.

2) At the end of the day, and when I start getting back into it once the kids are older, I'd like a tuber. My first love, er., Buell, was a 99S3. I'd lock down an S3 or X1 in a heartbeat just to let it get 500 miles a year until the kids are older. I love the original, alien look and feel of the late 90s models.

If you're still with me after my rant, please let me know if you're interested. I'm not looking to give it away, but if someone who loves Buells knocks on my door, I'm sure the price would go down a bit.

Thanks in advance, team.

DougH
07-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Beautiful bike you have there. Good luck with the sale. Seems like a good price for a nice low mileage bike.

2004xb12s
07-10-2015, 06:09 PM
thats a very good price for such a low mileage bike [up]

JasonandMichelle
07-10-2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks, guys. I'm hearing it's a great price, but methinks the Buell market is slow in Houston.

DougH
07-10-2015, 10:27 PM
Methinks the Buell market is slow everywhere sadly. Hell most people have never even heard of this brand.

JasonandMichelle
07-13-2015, 09:54 PM
DougH, I'm starting to think so. I'm based in Houston and very rarely see them. I go to my small hometown in Ohio a couple weeks ago and I saw two different ones in the same day.

I'm hoping to get rid of it quickly, and it looks like I might be in it for the long haul. I don't want to put it on eBay, but if I can't offload within a couple months I might give it a shot.