PDA

View Full Version : xb9r not starting "ticking noise"?

glenviper
05-09-2009, 03:36 AM
Hey guys i have a 03 xb9r with 20500 mi on it. Havent driven it in about 2 weeks and today i went to start it and it wont start.When i push the start buttom i just hear a ticking noise and thats it, i dont no much about bikes so anything would be helpful, anyone no what this could be??

Stevenc150
05-09-2009, 03:40 AM
Probably need a new battery. Run it by Autozone or the sort and they'll check the battery under load for you for free. A new battery, and I'm sure you'll be golden. [up]

only1reds
05-09-2009, 07:50 AM
I agree with steven, sounds like your starter is attempting to turn the engine on but because the battery doesn't have an adequate amount of charge isn't allowing the engine to turn over.

Yeah autozone, kragen, and even pepboys I BELIEVE. But kragen and autozone will certainly check it out for you for free.

In addition to this, a bike with a battery from 2003 would definitely need changing, we're talking about a 6 year run here [confused].

Most motorcycle batteries are at their best for about 3 years. Because of their size, motorbike batteries don't last anyway near as long as car batteries so warranties tend to be alot shorter [smirk].

FIDOSOL
05-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Try a deep cycle charge at autozone if they don't offer the diagnostic, if it doesn't work after that then you will definately have to replace it.

glenviper
05-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Hey guys it was the battery, just changed it out. Thanks all who replied.