PDA

View Full Version : another problem...

09XB12R
05-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Some of you may remember my mildy annoying broken exhaust hanger or all the missing bolts I recently experienced. Well, this morning, riding to work (so I could go get the new hanger put on at the dealership and get the new front cable recall fixed when I got off work,) I heard another rattling sound. I pulled over and checked it. On closer examination, I noticed an exhaust flange down near the bottom bend of the header! It seems the bolts are broken! Anybody else have this happen to them? My bike is only a 2009 with 3k miles on it! Seriously?
Getting closer and closer to Jap4 bike with every problem...

FIDOSOL
05-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Wow man, it sounds as if you got the '**** bike' there is at least one put out every year from every manufacturer, nobody knows how. It is usually the bike that makes a 'hater' out of someone. All I can say is talk to the dealer about them replacing it because obviously it was released from the factory in a seriously flawed condition.

jaymil
05-10-2009, 03:17 AM
I have a 05 XB12R 4,800 miles never had any problems.

09XB12R
05-12-2009, 04:15 AM
I brought it to the dealership today. Seems I'm going to need a new head. Bolts are unextractable. I asked the tech there (a very knowledgable guy who races an xb12r on the weekends) if he sees these problems often. He said, honestly, yes, but they're laid out so simply that everything is an easy fix. Hmmmm. Not sure if I should be happy or sad about that answer. Well, I love the bike when it's 100%, so I guess I'll stick with it (that and they said I can only get 6K trade-in value at the Honda dealership!) I guess I'm here to stay!