PDA

View Full Version : that $800 went quick

mrlogix
07-24-2015, 09:46 PM
Well, I just purchased new brake pads front and rear from Lunatic Fringe. Then went on ebay and bought a 5 pack of oil filters, 5 sets of gaskets and crush washers for the filters. Also bought a new K&N air filter, set of Canyon Dancer tie downs, frame grip pads, bike cover and a front triple tree T-Rex stand and rear T-Rex spool stands. Doesn't take long. Stopping in my local bike shop tomorrow and having a new Michelin PP3 front tire put on to match the rear. :D

heagachongoose
07-24-2015, 09:55 PM
I have a set of trex stands. I love them.

To bad our wallets don't come with free refills. That would be nice.

mrlogix
07-24-2015, 10:09 PM
hey Goose, when you get a chance pm me. Like to see if we can hook up next Sunday (8/2) so I can pick up the parts.

heagachongoose
07-25-2015, 12:04 AM
Speaking of money disapearing... I finally bought a bellypan dammit! Found one on ebay for $35!

Woo!

mrlogix
07-25-2015, 12:32 AM
seen it. Been looking at belly pans and mid fairings. I don't think I can get anything to fit without some judiciuos modification. The header Dean put on the bike is a one off and in the way on the right side of the bike. :upset:

heagachongoose
07-25-2015, 01:10 AM
I'm getting ready to start fiberglassing my fairings. I'm planning on having negatives set up to where I could glass another set of positives out. Send me some pictures of your header setup and I might be able to cook you something up.

mrlogix
07-25-2015, 01:18 AM
cool, will get some pics tomorrow

mrlogix
07-25-2015, 01:22 AM
what fairings do you have? The Flexiglass cover to much of the right side of the engine. Talked to Dean and he said they make a spacer to keep it off the exhaust. Really like the SoC fairings, but have a hard time convincing myself it will be okay to cut up a $700 set of new fairings.

Shawns
07-25-2015, 01:28 AM
It's only money..LOL

heagachongoose
07-25-2015, 03:02 AM
I have the factory side fairings.

Its plastic man, you can make it do whatever you want.

The flexiglass setup is too tight around the bottom of the engine for the oem dogbone. I have this nasty habit of chopping up everything i buy LOL so it won't funtion the way it was initially made to.

heagachongoose
07-25-2015, 03:03 AM
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/buell/1125R2008.htmLook at airtech's fairing set logix. Very affordable and imo the best looking.

With a little cutting the XB Supersport lower from airtech fits nicely with the factory side fairings. The 1125 pans will not reach high enough.

Shawns
07-25-2015, 03:17 AM
About the same price as the flexiglass. With camloc hardware you in the plus $600 either way. They are nice tho.

mrlogix
07-25-2015, 07:13 PM
just FYI. Found the T-Rex stands on their ebay store. $240 for the pair, Front triple tree stand and rear spool stand with a free set of spools. Free shipping CONUS. :D

heagachongoose
07-25-2015, 09:05 PM
That's where I ordered them from. They came with spool lifts and a swingarm lift. Along with extra spools and lots of stickers! Excellent customer service with them. Ive been looking at their frame sliders.

mrlogix
07-27-2015, 07:42 PM
okay, so I should have known that there was going to be issues. First issue is because I am a dumbass. I ordered the canyon dancers tie downs and forgot (duh) that I have bar end mirrors. They have a model that will accomidate them, but that is not the one I ordered. #2, I ordered multiple sets of the o-ring and crush washer kits from an ebay seller named BajaRon if I remember correctly (will verify sellers name when I get home tonight). The price was $4.25 per kit. I ordered 4 and received one. Sent an email via ebay to seller to ask them what happened.

mrlogix
07-27-2015, 10:15 PM
wow, that was quick. Received an apology from the seller and a shipping confirmation and tracking number on the rest of the parts. All is at peace in the world (except for coaldigger's rotor).

mrlogix
07-28-2015, 11:51 PM
dammit, T-Rex just cancelled my order and refunded the money. Said they do not have stock of the ordered items. That was actually the order I wanted the most.

mrlogix
07-29-2015, 01:35 PM
Anybody want to sell some stands?

heagachongoose
07-29-2015, 02:26 PM
Damn that sucks :/

When will they have more in stock? What do you need them for? I have an extra harbor freight rear stand I usually use on the dirty bikes. I ahould be momentarily done with my trex stands soon. You can borrow them for the time being.

mrlogix
07-29-2015, 03:11 PM
looked on C-list and may have found a rear. It's out in Beechmont. Told him I would stop by on my way back from meeting you Saturday and take a look and make sure it will fit my bike. Appreciate the offer.

heagachongoose
07-29-2015, 04:58 PM
1125 swingarms are VERY wide compared to most bikes. Id be surprised if it clears. You could always spread it though. I had to do that with my spare stand.

mrlogix
07-30-2015, 12:50 PM
Not very impressed with T-Rex as a company. I have contacted them twice by phone, and sent three emails with no response/reply. When I call, I ask to speak to someone in customer service about ordering stand for my 1125. They take my name and phone number and say they will have someone call me back. Been a week form the first call and three days since the second. No call. I have sent them emails via their website and via their ebay store site, no response. Gave up and purchased another brand. I'll modify the new set if I don't think they will be robust enough. I tried to buy a set of the T-Rex stands. :upset:

qurtrn10
07-30-2015, 01:08 PM
Super happy with the Pitbull stands. Adjustable for multiple bikes, looks good, strong, and although more expensive than most other stands they're not an arm and a leg to buy.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/Buell/IMAG35631_zpsnyit2f5y.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/Buell/IMAG35631_zpsnyit2f5y.jpg.html)

mrlogix
07-31-2015, 07:48 PM
received my oil filters, the oil filter cover gaskets and crush washers I was shorted, the new brake pads front and rear (thanks Lunatic Fringe) today. :)

mrlogix
08-02-2015, 03:21 PM
met with forum member hegachongoose yesterday to swap some parts. Ended up eating lunch together and discussing the paths we are taking with the mods to our bikes. Goose is a great guy and his bike is going to be awesome. Glad he is okay after his meeting with the dragon. His bike is running again and he is just finishing up some bodywork. Good people on this forum. Enjoyed the lunch and the conversation. Good times.

heagachongoose
08-02-2015, 09:03 PM
^^ Dont listen to him. Heagachongoose is a prick. Lol. But seriously, it was good to see you again, had a good time just chilling and shooting the ****. Hopefully next time we meet up I'll be on two wheels!

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 04:58 AM
update. The stands I bought off ebay were some Chinese knock-offs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252007340285?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The rear was 2" to narrow to fit my spools on the swing arm. Took the rear stand to work and re-contoured the bends with the help of a rose bud torch and some ratcheting tie down straps. Works fine now. I thought I would have to modify the front because of the front fender clearance, but it fit fine. The clutch hydraulic line is clamped very close to the head pin lift point. May modify just for peace of mind. Stands will work for now. Rear is definitely a two person deal though. At least now I can pull the wheels and put on my new brakes front and rear, have the front tire changed ($40 cheaper if I just bring in the wheel). Decided while I have the wheels off I might as well change the wheels bearing all the way around. Ordered a set of All Balls from Lunatic. Will do the oil change and brake fluid flush while I am at it. Hopefully all in one day. :)

qurtrn10
08-09-2015, 05:46 AM
For anyone that looks into the Pitbull products, they make wall mounts for their stands. They are $20 or $25 a piece, but really well made. I imagine you could hang other brands' stands from the mounts, but can't say for sure. It helps keep the garage tidy, and in my case matches my Pitbull tire tree perfectly. Love it!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/Cape%20House/IMAG3585_zpsobmkmdpi.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/Cape%20House/IMAG3585_zpsobmkmdpi.jpg.html)

BambamXB12r
08-09-2015, 05:54 AM
That is a really nice set up you have there. Might have to invest in some of those wall mounts. At $25 a piece I think it's worth spending the money just to be sure they fit. Especially after spending what I did in the first place on the stand.

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 08:17 AM
nice setup qutrn10.

heagachongoose
08-09-2015, 05:39 PM
The leaf blower is a nice touch.

I put my bike up on stands by my lonesome all the time. I approach the bike from the right side, line up the rear stand, make sure the front wheel is straight, rach over the passenger seat and hold the subframe firmly, reach down with my left and push down on the rear stand lever as I pull the bike upright with my right arm. Taking it off the stand is a bit trickier but basically the same principal. Just make sure when you put the bike down in the kickstand you pull it backwards a bit as you lean it over as to insure proper kickstand deployment.

It's an acquired science but I have a slight advantage due to my spider monkey arms.

I HATE THE CLUTCH CABLE ROUTING. I take the front stand very slowly to make sure I don't accidentally crush my line. I'll often zip toe it out of the way just to be safe.

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 06:01 PM
yeah, I am going to a local hose shop I used to work at and get the owner to let me make a custom length SS braided line for the clutch hydraulics so I can route it better. When I get a price I'll shoot you a text and pic's of what I am doing. :cool:

qurtrn10
08-09-2015, 06:36 PM
That is a really nice set up you have there. Might have to invest in some of those wall mounts. At $25 a piece I think it's worth spending the money just to be sure they fit. Especially after spending what I did in the first place on the stand.

Thanks. It was money well spent for me.

nice setup qutrn10.

Thanks.

The leaf blower is a nice touch.

Lol. It was given to me by my dad (who lives 15 minutes away). I'm in an apartment and have no use for a leaf blower, but I'm kind of stuck with it. When I pick up the Translucent Orange plastics and need another shelf, I'll move the blower to the other garage. For now it's just out of the way.

+1 on using the stands solo. I put the bike up and down on the stands with no problem. If anyone has trouble doing it, I'd suggest going to YouTube - there are a ton of videos showing how to do it. You might pick up a technique that helps.

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Cool. Thanks