PDA

View Full Version : Meet the New Owner of EBR

Hughlysses
08-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Posted to EBR's Facebook page this morning by Mr. Bruce Belfer:

To address any confusion, Atlantic Metals division of BGI is a manufacturer of fabricated metal equipment in the architectural, electrical and lighting businesses. We are not in the scrap metal business. We make things. We make them here in Jersey, in the USA, with American engineers, American ingenuity, and American skilled labor. Been at it for over 30 years. We know how. EBR is intact and in good hands. Thanks for keeping the faith! More to come. Time to get to work...

Oh hell yes. :eagerness:

DualSportDad
08-07-2015, 06:27 PM
I don't want to see a post like this from anyone else but the new owner. Intro!!!!!!

PS: no offense, just looking forward to getting to know about the new owner and his plans for EBR

BambamXB12r
08-07-2015, 06:35 PM
I can't begin to express how ecstatic I am. I am now looking for an 1190rx to make my own.

Yodes89
08-07-2015, 06:38 PM
I like this guy already, what a boss haha

submax
08-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Freaking awesome!!! :up:

mriulvr
08-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Check out those guns! My reply is, "Yes, sir!!!" :eagerness:

Hughlysses
08-07-2015, 07:11 PM
I don't want to see a post like this from anyone else but the new owner. Intro!!!!!!

PS: no offense, just looking forward to getting to know about the new owner and his plans for EBR

I expect he's just a little too busy to be posting on every Buell/EBR-related forum out here. He also posted this in the thread below the photo above:

Bruce Belfer:
Erik is the icon. And the EBR team of vehicle dynamics rockstars are icons. I am an engineer, a mechanic, and a businessman. And I'm here to watch their backs as we go forward. And yes, my FB/cell/email/etc are all blowing up, thanks... Now back to work.

If you want to be sure this is what HE said, check out the EBR page on Facebook.

heagachongoose
08-07-2015, 07:29 PM
I had a brief conversation with the guy, he is a kick-ass guy with a good mentality and possesses the means to get some **** going. Great guy. I'm VERY excited for what is to come of this.

cjanderson_90
08-07-2015, 07:33 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok im happy

Gloomshadow
08-07-2015, 08:23 PM
I send him a link to this post, he said "Erik is the real story, Im just a mechanic. Now is time for the heavy lifting and Im up to the job"

wickedchop
08-07-2015, 10:49 PM
As a Buell owner and die hard American union carpenter and a resident of New Jersey I could not be more ecstatic........BRAVO, let's go boys!!!!!!! My bank account is prepared to buy an 1190 now.....

d_adams
08-07-2015, 11:44 PM
http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DispSingleItem&ItemNumber=56848 Buy it now, $7500. Brand spankin new, 9 miles on it.

Don't like the SX model?

http://www.crankyape.com/default.asp?pg=DispSingleItem&ItemNumber=56847

Hughlysses
08-07-2015, 11:56 PM
More info from the new owner: http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/blog/2015/08/exclusive-buyer-of-erik-buell-racing-speaks-out.html

Hughlysses
08-08-2015, 01:43 AM
And even MORE from Mr. Belfer: http://www.jsonline.com/business/new-owner-of-erik-buell-racing-plans-to-rekindle-business-in-east-troy-b99552788z1-321103341.html

wickedchop
08-08-2015, 02:27 AM
Definitely going to keep my eye on the bidding on the RX, thanks.....

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 03:09 AM
sounds like next years homecoming is going to be a little different this time around. :eagerness:

GregoXB
08-08-2015, 04:32 AM
He is wearing an EBR shirt with Pegasus. Boss.

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 05:40 AM
what I want to know is, what does he ride?

Hughlysses, you have been all over this and 2-3 others I have checked on. Your better than CNN and Fox :)

Find out what he rides before any of the 'professionals' and I see a case of brew in your future. :very_drunk:

I've read enough, if he has a righteous Buell, I'll send him my resume. Tired of the big corporation grind. Time to get back to basics. I could use a change. Think they need a robotics guy?

Gloomshadow
08-08-2015, 05:53 AM
Belfors kicked a mother****er in the face... kinda guy that I would call "boss"... haha

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 06:04 AM
I want to know what 'Mito Tech Co' was doing for Erik?, And Porsche? Sound like something I would like to see at Isle of Mann. What if though, just maybe...it was for the new AX? Doesn't that start the gears turning? Baja or Dakar level AX?

****, piss, cunt' ****, cocksucker, mother****er and tits :D

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 06:10 AM
four out of seven, not bad.....

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 07:25 AM
This is exciting times boys and girls.

Another chapter of American Sportbike History is being written. Victory just ran a sportbike trial at Pikes Peak. HD has released mid-sized bikes.

Looks like your move Mr. Belfer.

Chicknstripn
08-08-2015, 08:18 AM
That seriously is exciting! Victory puts out a good quality product(at least from what I've read they do).
Is bout time Murica got in the mix

Hughlysses
08-08-2015, 09:39 AM
what I want to know is, what does he ride?

Hughlysses, you have been all over this and 2-3 others I have checked on. Your better than CNN and Fox :)

Find out what he rides before any of the 'professionals' and I see a case of brew in your future. :very_drunk:

Ha! Somebody on Badweb already beat me to it: so far we know of a 1965 Vespa with a custom paint job and a 1978 Puch Maxi Luxe that he's apparently restoring (from his Facebook page). I like it!

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Seriously, scooters? No, no, no. Say it isn't so. He may restore scooters but surely to God, that's not what he rides. LOL.

Hughlysses
08-08-2015, 11:10 AM
That's based 2 pics on his Facebook page from 5 years ago. Even if that's what he rides now, he clearly doesn't have any need for his ride to make up for any personal shortcomings. :D

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 11:34 AM
No. Your right. Checked his LinkedIn account. He's been the CEO of the Belfer Group for 34 years and graduated from Rutgers.

wickedchop
08-08-2015, 02:24 PM
If your kicking dudes faces in, then your allowed to ride a scooter.......LMFAO

GregoXB
08-08-2015, 04:55 PM
Everyone needs to stop being so giddy. We are still a long way from the finish line. There are many obstacles ahead.

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 05:10 PM
^^ Yes, there is still a long way to go, but it is VERY different this time. HD attacked and Erik had to retreat and scramble. This time instead of retreat when the attack came, it was more like a diversionary move. Yeah, it sucks. All those people without work, dealerships screwed, losing the company again. except this time he ran around the corner when they came after him and ran into some real AMERICAN MANUFACTURERS and wa la. Here we are now. At a VERY recoverable point. I would have gave my left nut when I lost my business if I could have found investors like he has. Yep, very different story this time.

djs2k2
08-08-2015, 05:37 PM
I'm just happy this wasn't the end! Now that it's entirely in American hands all the way around and he is a supporter of EBR without HD to worry about if it goes south we have no excuses!

AZmidget91
08-08-2015, 05:40 PM
I'd love for it to work out, but I'm not holding my breath. History tends to repeat itself. Both Harley and Hero, were big companies that could afford to break even on a small portion of their business, but both decided it was in their best interest to go their separate ways. Being a great engineer means nothing if you can't sell your product.

And an investor that is facing a felony doesn't quite make me feel any better.

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 06:45 PM
Just was cruising the EBR AF1 sponsored forum and Belfer has registered as a member and posted a brief (very brief) Hello. They let him know about BadWeb and here.

Mr Belfer if you happen to puruse this thread, I would be very interested in a possible position in the restart of this. Please pm me and I will send you a resume. Normally I wouldn't approach a CEO about a position, but have a feeling that you run a company a little more non tradiitional as far as structure. If you need an old asshole Jarhead that also happens to be a robotic engineer and heavy R&D/process developement guy, I'll be standing over here. LMAO, Yes I am a shameless hussy. :D

BambamXB12r
08-08-2015, 06:57 PM
^^Love your honesty mrlogix, have to respect that. And just as djs2k2 said I'm just happy the only American super bike company is back in the hands of the good ol red white and blue. 639

d_adams
08-08-2015, 07:21 PM
Yes I am a shameless hussy.

Ayup, he is.

303xb
08-08-2015, 07:23 PM
Has anyone here used crankyape? I'm getting it if it's legit

mrlogix
08-08-2015, 07:30 PM
posted on the AF1 EBR forum

Dear Faithful,

I'm obviously up to my ass in alligators over here, and working on a Saturday, so I can't hang out online. But I've heard/read/been told there are questions in various forums, etc., and pics of some of my collection of bikes that have people confused. So:

I have/still own:

1978 Puch Maxi
1976 Motobecane V50
1970 Honda CL350
1971 Honda CL350 Sportsman Racer
1971 Triumph Bonneville
1971 Norton 750 Commando
1994 Kawasaki ZX11
1965 Vespa
1998 Harley Davidson Road King
2002 Yamaha R1
2006 Ducati SC1000

Basically, if it has two wheels and an engine, I dig it.

As to other speculation, "First rule of Fight Club is?"

Oh, and "Mr. Belfer" was my dad. Bruce is my name. Last edited by Bruce Belfer; Today at 01:51 PM.

Hughlysses
08-08-2015, 07:44 PM
The more this guy says, the better I like him. :up:

Gloomshadow
08-08-2015, 08:09 PM
Felonies earned in personal combat are just signs of good leadership qualities ... every good leader resolves conflict decisively and with direct action if need be.

the only thing the EBR really needs is a ****ing hot entry level bike that a young guy can afford as a first bike and a really cool middleweight (something like that Hasutr)..

Imagine how the Buell Blast COULD HAVE BEEN had HD not hobbled its budget from the very beginning. All that bike really needed was a prettier frame and better looking wheels..

1125RBlaster
08-08-2015, 09:13 PM
Has anyone here used crankyape? I'm getting it if it's legit

I'm curious about this too and I might look into picking one up and having it shipped home. Best deals around.

RossLH
08-08-2015, 11:37 PM
They need to put out the AX right away (with ABS of course), and call it the Phoenix.

GregoXB
08-09-2015, 12:47 AM
They need to bore out to 1300 cc and release and air cooled with 95lbs of torque and 120hp.

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 01:08 AM
^^ this. ten ****ing letters

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 05:20 AM
Ayup, he is.

Glad to know I can use you as a reference ol' buddy ol' pal. :D lmao.
That is if you can put the welder down and take a break from making your overpriced exhausts. LMFAO...

wickedchop
08-09-2015, 01:15 PM
Bruce seems like a stand-up dude.......seems like the kinda guy that would say.....hey guys, maybe in a couple of months when the dust settles you guys can all ride your buells to my plant and check it out, shake some hands and get to know you guys.........hint hint. We'll take ya out to breakfast or lunch Bruce on us!!!!!!

user_deleted
08-09-2015, 01:29 PM
ladies and gentlemen: temper your enthusiasm here and come back down to earth. this is not going to be what you think it is going to be....or what you want it to be. two years ago when buell motorcycles was resurrected and became EBR....and we all know the history of that....i posted a well-intended comment on here stating in essence that i would be highly surprised if this buell/hero marriage lasted thru the end of the decade. why? because the indians are very fickle, highly unpredictable, and extreme tight-wads when it comes to business practices among other things. i took one hell of a keyboard lashing over my comment but how prophetic it sadly was indeed. this latest buell "marriage" is NOT going to result in the production of an affordable cruiser, standard, sportbike, dual-sport, dirt-bike, racer replica, touring bike, or God forbid quasi-chopper. notice i said affordable! they will be looking at possibly building what i call a boutique-bike along the lines of a kawasaki H2R. why? simply put they cannot and will not compete in an already saturated market completely dominated by established players offering their wares worldwide. expect to see something along the lines of a "hyper-bike" in the $30,000 and up price-range. i will guarantee board members that even if this figure is somewhat off the mark....that this offering will be well above and beyond the affordability of 99.99% of board members. IMO

thrstrmech
08-09-2015, 02:01 PM
At this point we are all happy EBR will be back in business and looking forward to what's to come from it. we can speculate all we want, what comes from the man himself or a credible source within the company as to where they are going and what will or will not be built and sold at what price remains unknown to all of us 'til such words are spoken.
my two cents, they company would flourish world wide bringing the prices down to earth for the average Joe....just consider for instance Yamaha introduced the FZ-09 and it's been a very, very good thing for them. And yes, I know the issues that came with the bike, I own a 2015 FZ-09....with the factory ecu flash and adjusting the stock suspension it's fine right now for me and will improve on it in the future, shortly...

303xb
08-09-2015, 02:08 PM
Hopefully you're wrong, but time will tell.

I'm hopeful that with the existing tooling and parts r&d, that the sx comes back online and starts to get refined. When Harley shuttered Buell, they were generating strong net profit selling $10000 bikes.

Gloomshadow
08-09-2015, 02:25 PM
yeah, I was saying earlier that because they lack a dedicated dealer network that they can always do what Confederate is doing, just a sport bike version... but there is no telling. Its possible that they could mend bridges with the dealers that they had but I think it would take time... and I don't think they could do it with the 1190, I think that ship sailed already.

I think the Hyperbike idea would be a way to go but I also think they shouldn't put all the eggs into one basket. They got a pretty big factory that I think they should put to use. You can only sell so many boutique bikes before the customers dry up. Rest of the time they should be making something else. I mean they could make something that was dirt cheap and cool, and just sell it over the internet like the Chinese scooter companies do.. the Millennials eat that stuff up. I was reading up on how this new Millennial generation thinks and how hard it is to sell motorcycles and cars to them. Imagine if they made something like a Honda Grom but it looked like a XB or something. Its bare bones and like 3-4 grand new, they deliver it to your door, you take it out and thrash it or ride it to school or work ect, its 125cc and any motorcycle shop can fix it... then you buy 250cc maybe 350cc kits and hot rod it up over time. As long as it was cool and reliable, it could carve out a name for itself... become a cult bike maybe.

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 02:47 PM
Lunatic- your concerns are well founded and made in the wisdom of seeing this from a business perspective.

I would like to start a new thread. Belfer has made it to the AF1 forum and to BadWeb so far. I think he will make it to here next. All the concerns and ideas of what the business model should be will be the next thread. This will probably be our only chance of communicating what 'the faithful' (as he has referred to us Buelligans on the other sites) would like to see happen. May not have any affect, but maybe it will. Form his statements for the press so far and his posts on the other sites, he is proud of being an American. He believes in hard work and he has proven himself as a business man. I would like to have hope for the path from here. Can't hurt. I am sure he has a plan in mind, but us posting our two cents with the possibility that it could have some effect can't hurt, and it is kind of like voting. If you didn't try, you have no right to bitch at the outcome.

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I would like to see the guys who have businesses like Dean, 5-0dro, Lunatic, etc., etc. comment on the new thread. They are the one's that have tried to fill the gap between factory support and what we have on our own. I titled the thread Mr. Belfer as a vehicle for this communication.