PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Belfer,

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 03:25 PM
This thread is to just provide a place to communicate from 'The Buell Faithful' to those that hold the future of Buell motorcycles in their hands.

There will plenty of ideas of new models like the AX and mid size entry level bikes and such. HD is producing (trying) mid size bikes to grow market share. Companies like Hero are making cookie cutter entry level bikes by the thousands to flood their market with to dominate the motorcycle world. From the beginning, Erik Buell has had a quest to build the ultimate Man to Machine bike to appeal to all us purists of motorcycling. They look different, they feel different, they have a 'function over form' primary directive in design. What I would like to see is a company that remembers its roots and the fan base that got them there. Erik's old motto was 'Own the Corners'. He has done that. So many of us here are testament to that. But the powerplants have left us high and dry. We do own the corners. Now lets own the straights.

I work for General Electric Aviation. Our business model is such that it makes very little money on new engines. The real money is all the business that the customer brings from owning and updating our existing engines. We do introduce new engines with more power, better fuel economy, etc., etc., but we keep our customers happy with what they have already purchased and continue to use. The problem with the over 100K existing Buells out there is the lack of support. There has been several supporting businesses started to try to continue that support as there should be. But without company support they are still a dying breed. If you came up with a power plant that can be used for new models and had retrofit capabilities to the XB models, you would provide the bridge to cover the gap between the 'Faithful' and the new fan base to grow the Marquee. The 1190 bridges the gap for us 1125 guys, but needs a little more factory involvement. If you do this for the XB owners, well, I will just leave that right there.

Erik's new motto was 'Fiercely Independent'. That he is, and that we are. Don't lose sight of this. We as Buellers, are a fiercely independent bunch of assholes. I love that I can cruise my favorite roads, come across some other sportbike riders and start to play with them, stuff it deep in the corners and use the torque to pull a lead out of the corners and then have them surround the bike down the road at a gas stop, to see what the hell is that.

I am rambling now so I will stop and let someone else here smarter than me have their say.
Thanks for listening,
John

Gloomshadow
08-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I never thought of a retro-fit motor for the XB.. that's a good idea. You just order it in a crate and it bolts right in.. liquid cooled, 110-130 horse range with the same torque as we have now. There are 100,000 potential buyers out there already.

mrlogix
08-09-2015, 06:02 PM
^^ this. Look at how many can be brought back from the dead. Would be worth the work if I was going to have a modern powertrain. :angel:

heagachongoose
08-09-2015, 06:18 PM
I feel like a retrofit motor from EBR is out of the question for xb's.

However. In the next year or two, Harley will discontinue Buell support and may even relinquish what holds they still have on the Buell name. That being said, it makes little to no sense for EBR to acquire such assets from a business standpoint. It makes much more sense to build a new bike similar to the XB's rather than to cater to the old ones. You can't build a successful business living off the past, you have to create a successful future. Using the basis of the old Buell designs along with EBRs new assets they can create a line to supersede the old Buell lines, much like the 1190 is to the 1125. Would it be good for support for EBR to support the old Buell lines? Yes. Would it be a good financial move? Probanly not. Would it help EBR get slated among the big boys? No. Would it be nice if it were to happen? Yes.

I've noticed a lot of people have the wrong mindset about EBR. EBR is not the momma bear to all Buells from the yesteryears. It is a seperate entity with an intent to be an AMERICAN world power in the motorcycle game. Buell support will most likely have to come from elsewhere for the most part. As far as Buell goes, a new era is here.

The Buell community is a small niche, but a strong one. Look for another company to steup up and take the wheel. EBR has bigger fish to fry. They will be after the support of former Buell owners and new customers alike. They should remember their heritage but always be constantly and consistently aware of their goal and what it will take to reach it.

thrstrmech
08-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Mr. Belfer, thanks for picking up the ball and running with it. You've got a great company, product, design, and engineer....now back to work and get these bikes off the assembly line, onto showroom floors and back on the road. Same for parts, factory and dealer support as well as consumer. We've had enough BS from HD and Hero...let's keep this in house, so to speak. Re-engage the original EBR moto....Fiercely Independent, thank you.

Gloomshadow
08-10-2015, 12:37 AM
I don't know.. Sportsters have been "living off the past, going back to the 1950s" .. EBR wouldn't even have to really MAKE a XB crate motor, they could probably just buy something already in existence and just make motor mounts for it and sell it as a kit. Maybe a de-tuned and tweaked 1190 motor?... we can dream, cant we? haha

Theycallmecrash
08-10-2015, 02:37 AM
I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt give a **** about buellxb.com. the EBR presence here is next to none, and owners are in the ebrforum.com page. A good business man wouldnt do more than tell us to drop the trash and move on to a newer better product or be left behind.

mrlogix
08-10-2015, 04:24 AM
Hey Crash, nice of you to post, was looking for your opinion. Looking at his post about what he has in his garage.

1978 Puch Maxi
1976 Motobecane V50
1970 Honda CL350
1971 Honda CL350 Sportsman Racer
1971 Triumph Bonneville
1971 Norton 750 Commando
1994 Kawasaki ZX11
1965 Vespa
1998 Harley Davidson Road King
2002 Yamaha R1
2006 Ducati SC1000

Only two of them are in the 2000's. The variety shows that he has some appreciation of what 'character' of the bike is, an intangible that can't be bought. I have a strong feeling that he is going to want to do something different than 'business as usual'.

Mr. Belfer, I know what you have posted on the other forums. We are a little different here at BuellXB.com, we have a saying, pic's or it didn't happen. :)

BambamXB12r
08-10-2015, 04:40 AM
As much as I would like to think he is going to support all us XB guys because that would be a dream come true. I think he is going to focus on EBR and get it out of the red before he entertains the idea of support for us. Just like a few people have stated. It only makes sense from a business perspective to do it that way.

However one can dream and hope for a modern, bolt in, replacement power plant. That would be a great day. Honestly anything to keep these old beauties on the road would make me happy.

mrlogix
08-10-2015, 06:56 AM
I can't stop thinking about the consultant fees Erik owed Porsche and The Japanese engine manufacturer. A new smaller displacement engine/trans? I'm just saying that if it could be adapted to the XB frame he could come out with their new models AND make a retrofit crate motor. Would increase revenue for the powerplant. When you engineer a powerplant it has a life cycle, and if you can make that engine serve multiple platforms the engineering costs a recovered much faster. It would tie the existing customer base with a new customer base. Not all XB owners would want to upgrade and would sell their old bikes to buy new ones. The new owners of the older models would have an upgrade to bring them into the monetary flow of product.

Is it what everyone else would do? No. What all of use would love to see them do. Hell Yeah.

Just saying....

Bruce@EBR
08-10-2015, 05:49 PM
A good owner listens to the riders that built the brand. I'm listening.

Obviously, I can't hang out online often, but I do read and do hear and do appreciate you. More good news to come.

"Pics or it didn't happen", eh? ;)

mrlogix
08-10-2015, 06:10 PM
:up::up: ten f***cking letters. Will fill you in on the 10 letter thing later.

BambamXB12r
08-10-2015, 06:19 PM
An owner who actually listens and reads.... Call me an optimist but I see great things in the future for EBR. Can't wait to see what the future holds. :applause:

mmcn49
08-10-2015, 08:03 PM
Hi Bruce,

Sounds Great! As mentioned earlier we who own XB’s, (I have two) are a little concerned about the parts situation as the bikes age and HD no longer supports Buell.

It would be nice if in the next couple years EBR could set up a separate profit center selling those parts, (the original Buell owners would love you to death).

Only the best as you move forward. When the Adventure Bike comes out I may even trade my two TT’s in for one.

MMcN

Gloomshadow
08-10-2015, 08:38 PM
Yeah I have two XB's also.. and there are a lot of XBs still in pretty good condition falling into the hands of younger riders (a lot of us are getting long in the tooth around here) each one serves as a rolling advertisement for EBR.. I woudnt sell either of my XBs, they are in the stable to stay. If a crate motor kit came my way I would buy one of them instantly the other one I would have to think about it because I love my 1203 ... If it was a kit with EBR badges and maybe some new plastics I would jump on it. Uprated S tails and even R tails with different subframes that would all be cool. Anything to keep an XB "in the game" I would be up for it. The bike itself came out during a time when nakeds weren't in style , now that they are in style, the XB is actually cooler NOW than it was when it first came out. A XB is kinda like owning a Monster or a Sportster, if it 'speaks to you", you tend to keep it and keep buying cool stuff for it. Even if a crate motor came out, I would still keep my old XB motor... the Thunderstorm motor is actually a real good street motor, not refined but hell, that's one of its strengths in a way..
Im thinking that support of the XB and the 1125s could be a instant cash flow, we cant get solid front rotor mounts and little things like that anymore. Plug and play digital instrument clusters would be cool.. there are just a lot of little things that we would be interested in.

heagachongoose
08-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Holy hell this guy is everywhere on the internet lol.

Nice to see you here Bruce :loyal: Welcome to Buellxb.com, the online heart and soul of the Buell family.

I feel the best place to start with supporting the XB's is to develop the next generation, then work back from there. Make the 2nd gen bike as integrated into the 1st gen as possible. You can make replacement parts without directly making replacement parts if you get what I mean here.

If I'm not mistaken though, HD still owns the rights to a lot of the XB stuff until later this coming year. By the time HD is timed out, hopefully EBR will be on it's good feet and off to a run. If the stars did so align, picking up the pieces to support the past generation of Buell riders could secure the future of the company. And I don't just mean the XB's here, lets not forget about the tubers. Beautiful bikes in their own right.

EBR already has an estabelished world class superbike, now they need a solid mid-level bike. Which is exactly where the 2nd gen XB comes in. Maybe even go back to the roots and offer an optional turbo model perhaps? Or even re-introduce a form of the 1125 as a sport touring model? So many different directions and opportunities to take here!

The next big thing up, or already here, is the dual sport and cafe racer crowd. Maybe even getting in on the dirt crowd would gain some momentum.

So many options.

ten f***cking letters.

Is that actually catching on? Is it a thing now? Lol

Gloomshadow
08-10-2015, 08:56 PM
everything said has been pretty good ideas for the coming years but I think what EBR will do for now is get back to racing the 1190 and doing what they can to sell off what they have made already and supporting the 1190 customers. Those guys HAVE to be at the "front of the line" considering the coin that they dropped for the 1190.. and if you want them out there racing you gotta support them. If the racing efforts show good results, EBR is going to get the support it needs from other outfits and banks so they can have the pull they need to make stuff for us...

BUT YEAH.. a 2nd Gen XB.. that same XB frame with a liquid cooled V-twin, 6-speed.. belt or chain final (your choice or BOTH ha ha) then we can buy 2nd Gen parts as upgrades, whole crate motors, subframes, body parts ANYTHING we want to bolt on to our XBs, we can just order it.. **** that would be awesome.. a totally modular system. "The AR-15 of American motorcycles"

EBR could just run TWO FRAMES.. a 1190 frame for the bigger bikes and a XB frame for small size bikes with that wild short wheelbase.. that would be kickass

but yeah, with a 2nd gen XB, guys that wanted the new motor could phase the Thunderstorm out of their XBs and guys who want to keep the Thunderstorm motor already have an aftermarket for that motor..

heagachongoose
08-10-2015, 09:30 PM
Exactly. Buell kind of touched the tip of the "modular" iceberg years ago with the xb series.

But just the tip. Lol

Gloomshadow
08-10-2015, 09:46 PM
hell yeah, that's one of the things that made the XB so kickass.. you could make any bike you wanted. "It aint broke-- DONT FIX IT!" I say just keep going with it.. now that Harley is gone, put a liquid cooled motor into that same bike and modernize some of the features and styling and that thing will sell.. and on a bike with that little wheelbase you don't need 190 horse... 100-110 to the ground would be wild as hell. "Street focus man, STREET FOCUS" HAHAH

when you think about .. I see more XBs on the road then 1125s and 1190s combined.. the XB could be evolved into the 1911 .45 or AR-15 of the motorcycle world. EBR/Buell version of the Harley Sportster but in this case, different motor selections... the XB frame is competent enough to just be a "EBR standard" platform for middleweights... AND THOSE SAME WHEELS TOO... I love the stock XB wheels or 1190 wheels whatever is easiest or more economical.

williegoat
08-10-2015, 10:27 PM
A Norton and a '67 Chevy pickup! Bruce, I believe you are the real thing. Welcome :up:

Shawns
08-10-2015, 10:42 PM
"game on"!!!

BuellyBagger
08-11-2015, 01:00 AM
"game on"!!! I really hope it is! I havent been on this forum in months. Been busy with boat problems ( i know first world problems right!!). But anyways just reading the latest threads involving Bruce, i am more optimistic than i have been for quite some time. And Bruce, if you really are listening, we're so ready for the "AX". My observations/ opinions may be wrong, but i see the Dual Sport/ Sport tour market as the fastest growing sect of motorcycling today. Uly's are truly do-it-all bikes excluding their inherent flaws from being a high compression air cooled performance engine powered bike. A slightly(very slightly) detuned 1190rx power plant that would be happy in any environment (especially SH&TY ones) would be a god send in a chassis/ platform similar to the Ulysses!

Shawns
08-11-2015, 01:23 AM
I was ready to get an RX and decided not to because of the possible problems with parts. I might just have to rethink that.:congratulatory:

pur pony
08-11-2015, 01:59 AM
How about a new tuber model :)...

anyways, very to happy to hear the news Bruce, and cant wait to see how things shape up for you and Erik... I was heart broken when i heard about EBR in april. Before, during, and after test riding 2 SX's and an RX, I kept saying this is my next bike purchase.... then i heard the news. Hope to have one in the stable in the near future to ride, enjoy, and support EBR!

Best of luck!

williegoat
08-11-2015, 02:06 AM
How about a new tuber model :)...

A "tuber style" kit for Sportster or Evo/S&S motor would really be something!

Gloomshadow
08-11-2015, 03:50 AM
yeah its like Buells have spent so long in the "custom cult bike" realm that it has become part of the brands identity.. putting out cool "update kits" and parts on a limited, trial basis could be a way of making quick cash .. the Italians really seem to be into tubers.. I have seen more than one X1 that was to die for that was fabbed in Italy.

Its a different breed around here.. most of us aren't afraid to do our own work... you could just put out a frame and a new swingarm and youll have guys that will want it as long as it does something or looks badass. hahah

Fatty SS
08-11-2015, 05:55 PM
Please build us a middleweight platform similar to the 1190, but in the 650-800 cc range. Price it near $10k with adequate suspension and you'll sell them like crazy! Basically, an American Suzuki SV upgrade. The light weight twin club racing scene is enormous, and a lot of amateur racers would jump at a replacement for their aging SV or Ninja 650.

stamen
08-11-2015, 06:18 PM
^^^
What he said

Gloomshadow
08-11-2015, 09:14 PM
I dunno.. the more I look at it the more it seems like selling motorcycles is a tough business nowadays with the economy the way it is and the way the younger generations are. Only thing that's selling like crazy for them are iphones and xbox. The 1190 is a great bike and it didn't exactly 'FLY OUT OF THE SHOWROOM" .. I think EBR is going to have to be able to think on its feet, instead of following motorcycle trends its going to have to SET ITS OWN TREND whatever that may be. I think the modular idea and selling performance kits for the older bikes may be one aspect of it that they have to look at.. then maybe something completely different, something that a IPhone addict might like , like a "Slingshot" but it is electric with a USB port in the steering wheel and a built-in Xbox... you know, something out of "Idiocracy". You know, something that doesn't make noise, doesn't vibrate, has only one control and takes no skill to pilot by a person with the attention span of a gnat. That's what EBR should make if it wants to be successful. A solar powered skateboard with muffler and cats with a big rubber dong sticking up out of the top of it... and a USB port.

jimstouching3
08-11-2015, 09:24 PM
A solar powered skateboard with muffler and cats with a big rubber dong sticking up out of the top of it... and a USB port.

Somehow I would like to think bike thieves would move along in a parking lot if they saw this.

mrlogix
08-11-2015, 09:53 PM
how the hell did the dong get involved? lmao

Shawns
08-11-2015, 10:40 PM
Isn't one usually involved in some way?

Gloomshadow
08-11-2015, 10:41 PM
yeah its like a built-in anti-theft device ...

Tbone
08-11-2015, 10:46 PM
AX is the way to go forward. An adventure tourer that is the next generation Ulysses, the best 2 up riding motorcycle.

BambamXB12r
08-12-2015, 02:13 AM
Finally someone back on track.

stamen
08-12-2015, 03:02 AM
Also people are moving back to bigger cities and urbanization is happening more and more, when our US cities start to get packed like European cities or Asian cities people will start using 2 wheeled transportation more and more. Its already happening in big metropolitan hubs here in the US. So smaller, cheaper, but unique bikes (which is something EBR is very good at) will win over a lot of younger+newer riders and the other big winner for people with more motorcycling experience is the sport tourer for sure!

mrlogix
08-12-2015, 03:51 AM
the AX has to be close. Maybe the powerplant that the consulting fees from Porsche and the Japanese engine design project?

cjanderson_90
08-12-2015, 02:20 PM
I would like a bolt on turbo for my XB if we are making a wish list. Am I doing this right?

Tbone
08-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Big Handle bars, big forks, big suspension, big motor, big wind screen, big storage, big seat, a big torque curve with over 100hp, great gas mileage +46MPG, easy & inexpensive to maintain, well under $10K. That is what I need. I currently own a 09 Ulysses and it fits the bill, I also own an 07 Tiger 1050 and it also almost fits the bill, fork rebuilding now. It will possibly exceed the Uly when I am finished with it, need to load it down with 400lbs and get it rolling down the highway to see what it can do. If the AX goes into production next year and it is better than the Uly or Tiger, I will be looking for a used one fully or well equipped, well maintained, by 2020 and pay less than $10K for it.

Bruce@EBR
08-13-2015, 01:03 AM
Lots of good ideas here. I'm reading them. Passing the skateboard idea along to Tony Alva.

Still in the process of getting the motor running. Sit tight. ;)

Bruce

Gloomshadow
08-13-2015, 01:49 AM
I haven't heard the name Tony Alva in a long time.. takes me back to ACS trucks, Kryptonic wheels and Sims bearings.

St1tch
08-13-2015, 07:09 AM
I have beat this to death- but for the love of god can we have at least ONE offering with an air/oil cooled model with a belt drive???? Use Victory or S&S as a supplier without the bling though. Those two things alone made me switch from my TL (which was decently modded and NOT a slouch) to an XB9. Like Gloom said as well, the "modular" type bike was awesome. Less tooling, less one off parts = cost savings. The fact you can customize your machine with other Buell parts keeps it fresh, I must say I never heard anyone say they were bored with their Buell.

BuellyBagger
08-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Stich might be on to something actually. .. Sort of like the Ducati sport classic or whatever it is. Essentially all the same parts as a1100 monster from that year bit with more classic cafe style. Like a brand new buell cyclone. I think sticking with the same power plant as the rest of the line would be best and cheaper though

Gloomshadow
08-13-2015, 03:21 PM
another thing that might be cool is a online centralized factory dealership that cuts out all the middle men and keeps the prices lower. A guy can go online, select his basic model and mix and match all the modules and colors that he wants for his bike and you guys assemble the bikes that were ordered on that day. Then you sit at home and a truck shows up and drops off your bike, they set it up for you and then split. You have any trouble with the bike, you call EBR with your cellphone and you diagnose it online with your laptop and find out whats wrong with it. Few days later a truck shows up, guys jump out and they either fix the bike or they pick it up and take it in for repair.
In a system like that, EBR only makes the bikes that got ordered, EBR is the dealer and service. Less middle men, more efficiency and less waste and risk. EBR running a "factory direct mode".. it would be like moving away from the bloated, Detroit, Soviet-style mass production mode that I grew up in, working in the Detroit auto Industry.
Would it work in practice? who knows? It would be a cool idea to look into though.

Young people just order stuff online.. damn, my girlfriend bought a CAR online.. that's how they are.

People are now immune to advertising also, best Ive seen is what Icon does.. they put little movies up on YouTube. Imagine real cool movies and videos up on youtube that educates younger riders on what a Buell/EBR actually IS and how it does its thing. Maybe try to sell them an electric scooter or something.. Its not like it was back in the day, companies have to change with the times. Stuff can be sold using social media and I don't see other motorcycles being sold that way yet.. gotta look into that.

RossLH
08-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Advertising does work for new companies, as it helps to get the word out. Going in to their second year of production, people would see the 1190s at a show and say "What kind of CBR is that?"

A little advertising can go a long way.

1125RBlaster
08-13-2015, 04:52 PM
I do have an odd question for owners. Any word on the warranty of EBR's? For the people that purchases before the receivership is your warranty still intact? I would assume that all bikes purchased after the company went into receivership would be sold "as-is" without any type of warranty.

I would be curious to know what the plan is regarding bikes within their warranty timeframe, this would include previous sold and sold during receivership.

Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, thanks Bruce and look forward to everything that comes out of Wisconsin.

Jeremy

BambamXB12r
08-14-2015, 04:45 PM
768 I would love this to be an option when you start really pumping out bike again. :applause:

GregoXB
08-14-2015, 07:20 PM
Advertisement, promotion, publicity, commercials, exposure, etc., etc., etc.

Mr. Belfer you have to make your product known. I can't tell you how many people have no idea what brand my motorcycle is. Even other motorcyclist enthusiasts will stare at my bike and just scratch their head.

You have to make your brand known. It's like Arnold said, "You can have the best product in the world, but if you don't know how to sell it, and if you don't, if you don't have anybody who can sell it for you or tell the public, it's a waste of time, the whole thing."

Cooter
08-14-2015, 07:49 PM
A "tuber style" kit for Sportster or Evo/S&S motor would really be something!

A couple of us are trying to get him to supply the frame as a kit. These are surprisingly stock!!

http://themanshed.cc/ludwigsen-motor-co-incredible-custom-motorcycles/

http://themanshed.cc/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/SAM_0501-1200x600.jpg

BambamXB12r
08-14-2015, 08:00 PM
You could count me in on that.

Cooter
08-14-2015, 09:28 PM
Sexy, right??

These guys "Ryca" have kits for Sportys.
http://www.rycamotors.com/images/main_gallery/ryca_kit_gallery_29.jpg

Sorry for the hi-jack, I'll stop now:)

BambamXB12r
09-06-2015, 09:56 AM
I know it's a long process to get a company back up and running but I must say I am counting every minute as I know quite a few of us are. I wonder how long till the EBR website is back up and running so we can order parts. Products on the shelf doesn't bring any money in. Plus I know every step is one step closer to full production again. Can't wait :eagerness:

Sirius815
09-06-2015, 11:46 AM
It was up (mostly) earlier this week, but then came right back down :(

mriulvr
09-08-2015, 12:08 AM
Seems to be "mostly" back up, at least at the moment, but obviously is in need of numerous updates. The store links are not yet back up. Progress. :encouragement:

Gloomshadow
11-09-2015, 03:37 AM
any news on EBR lately? ... anyone hear from Mr Belfer?

Mope
11-09-2015, 05:24 PM
any news on EBR lately? ... anyone hear from Mr Belfer?

Not much; we were expecting some sort of update the end of October but didn't get it. Badweb is a bit more on top of all things EBR and he's posted directly over there.
Some speculation that they've been in contact with the dealerships, but nothing concrete.

BambamXB12r
11-09-2015, 05:24 PM
Not that I know of. Also when you go to the website store you still get this.

wickedchop
11-10-2015, 12:00 AM
I wish they would get it together or give us some kind of updates. I wanted some ebr gear...ie a sweatshirt but I get the same thing bambam gets.....a blank webpage staring at me. Hopefully we will get something from them soon.

Gloomshadow
11-10-2015, 06:45 PM
I bet they got their hands full.. EBR is in quite a jam.. I still think the retrofit kits we were talking about earlier would be a good idea for some instant cash. If the price was right, Id drop a liquid cooled crate motor into my 9SX asap.. a good 30 horse extra would be real nice on that motor.

heagachongoose
11-10-2015, 08:51 PM
There is progress. The majority of the EBR population is on Badweb. He visits there more often than here I would assume. Granted most people here are POTENTIAL customers, the CURRENT customers are mostly elsewhere. Don't fret my friends, change is coming. And it will be good. There is yet much to do.

From badweb:

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q579/heagachongoose/bb%20bw%20oct8_zpslaz93wih.png (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/heagachongoose/media/bb%20bw%20oct8_zpslaz93wih.png.html)
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q579/heagachongoose/bb%20bw%20oct%209_zpsufzhxlob.png (http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/heagachongoose/media/bb%20bw%20oct%209_zpsufzhxlob.png.html)

And the website is definitely up and running, albeit outdated. Everything except the store is operable. Don't expect any email replies though.

https://www.erikbuellracing.com/

Gloomshadow
11-13-2015, 04:05 AM
GOOD...sounds like they are working.. maybe Belfer will check in on us..

heagachongoose
11-15-2015, 02:03 AM
OfMore news.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/cgibin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=prev&topic=253912&page=771669

Things are not as dismal as the sound. Bruce popped in on FB to say a few things that lightened the mood a bit.

Hughlysses
11-20-2015, 01:23 AM
The latest on the "re-auction" of EBR: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/erik-buell-racing-manufacturer/the-wild-the-innocent-and-the-ebr-shuffle.html

Gloomshadow
11-20-2015, 02:27 AM
Belfer is a friggn Champ... I just got a feeling about this, know what I mean? Dude says the right shiznit.

thrstrmech
11-21-2015, 12:25 AM
I'm very happy he is still in the hunt in keeping EBR alive and having an American Sport Bike company. there will always be obstacles, it's how you deal with them that determine the outcome, and he said it best with "I’m doing it for the riders, the dealers, and most of all Erik and the employees of this great company.” and “There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and Erik Buell and Bruce Belfer never quitting anything.”

buell248
12-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Any news on the EBR 2nd auction??? Would love to see them get back up and producing bikes!

mrlogix
12-10-2015, 11:33 PM
Belfer did NOT win the second auction. He was outbid this time. They will not release the name or entity of the new owners until Monday when the court reviews the sale and makes it official.

wickedchop
12-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Yeah I just saw that Dean posted the same thing, I forgot today was the tenth. This blows, I was hoping Bruce was gonna pull this off. This is nerve wracking. I hope it all works out for Erik and the rest of us that are die hard Buell fans....

buell248
12-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the update!😀

BambamXB12r
12-11-2015, 01:38 AM
Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the update.

GregoXB
12-11-2015, 01:44 AM
Who on earth could have outbid Belfer?

buell248
12-11-2015, 03:57 AM
Polaris???

Fatty SS
12-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Fingers crossed whoever it was has the desire and the means to continue building bikes. It would be a real shame if they bought the assets to dissolve and sell off.

Polaris would be ideal.

BambamXB12r
12-11-2015, 02:56 PM
I thought Bruce was ideal.

cjanderson_90
12-11-2015, 03:05 PM
It sucks that this whole ordeal is getting drug out like this, but I still worry of the changes to the brand that will happen when a new owner is involved. In my view, the Uly is the best bike that Erik ever put out, with simplicity and weight reduction and power etc. I dont think now days it would be possible to make a bike like the Uly so im just keeping my head down and taking care of it until it no longer can perform. I only with the rake on it was a bit longer so i could put on a 19 or 21 in front wheel. That would make it about perfect. And maybe a crash bar system that didnt rattle my brains out.