PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle.com: The Man Who Bought Buell

Hughlysses
08-11-2015, 01:46 PM
Great interview: http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/buell/the-man-who-bought-buell-bruce-belfer.html

cjanderson_90
08-11-2015, 01:57 PM
To me, you can’t really separate the EB from the R. They’ve cut their teeth in racing. Having said that, applying those skill sets to a broader range of products makes a lot of sense to me.

This makes me VERY happy!

BambamXB12r
08-11-2015, 02:40 PM
"First order of business is to pay the rent and service the core, the riders. To reward the faithful, that’s what’s got to happen first."
Sounds like a good plan and makes me want an EBR even more.

mrlogix
08-11-2015, 02:51 PM
Oh my, I'm getting wood. :)

we have to hold onto the Erik Buell Racing definition of EBR, and we have to expand it to Engineered By Riders

yes, yes....:cool:

First things first, you need to step up and be there for your core. And you have to introduce products that are relevant to the core, and expand the core to people in the next zip code.

yeah, just like that....:love-struck:

We’re going to stick to what we do best in the markets where we do best with the clients who love us best, and we’re going to do right by them. That’s the focus. If we can get that done, everything else will fall into place behind it.

it's coming, it's coming........:eagerness:

Our first order of business at EBR is to reconnect with our dealerships to figure out who’s still on board

unh, unh......:love_heart:

I can speak to what we’re going to do, and we’re going to do right by our dealers. And we’re going to do right by our clients. The first thing we have to do is step up.

F****, harder, harder....:loyal:

I also know, and have been overwhelmed by the response of the ridership; they know what they want. So our job here is to find the intersection between what we want to do and what our customers want from us.

ahhhh, anyone have a cigarette? :applause:

Confident? I’m the most confident mother****er you ever met in your life.

1125RBlaster
08-11-2015, 03:36 PM
WOW....The best time you've had in awhile?

I so what to show my support to the future of EBR by picking up an SX, just hope the financial advisor will give me the go ahead. Because of everything I've seen and read on here an other places EBR is in great hands and will strive to continue to make the greatest "American Made" bikes, I want to be a part of that of that legacy.

mrlogix
08-11-2015, 03:41 PM
yeah, since 2009, just don't tell the girlfriend. She is already jealous of the bike.

heagachongoose
08-11-2015, 03:45 PM
Lmfao. You horny old man.

He’s never had anybody watching his back. Harley-Davidson owned him. Hero owned him. I’m not the man who owns him. Erik Buell owns Erik Buell, and I’m here to watch his back so that he can do what he does best, which is to design the best motorcycles on this planet. I’m here to make sure he can do that without having to worry about all the ins and outs of business; that’s what I’m here for. And I think that’s going to make for a very powerful partnership going forward.

Confident? I’m the most confident mother****er you ever met in your life

Aha! This guy is great. I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I feel like this is the best way things could have worked out.

stamen
08-11-2015, 06:09 PM
makes me wanna pick up an RX :cool:

GregoXB
08-11-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm glad he is optimistic, but I would liken the status of his journey to Frodo Baggins when he first gets the ring.

Hughlysses
08-11-2015, 09:45 PM
^ Best nerd reference in a motorcycle thread ever! ;)

mrlogix
08-11-2015, 09:51 PM
my precious