PDA

View Full Version : 2000 X1 Lightning Neutral light/starting issue

Yodes89
08-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Hey all,
On the way to work today I noticed that my Neutral light crapped out. Thinking it was just a bulb, I tried to start the bike again (confirmed it was indeed in neutral by rolling it) and got nothing. Only when I pulled in the clutch did it start. It seems as though, for some reason, it's just not recognizing it's in neutral and is stopping it from starting and going on its merry way. Any idea what this could be? I wanted to ask before I just started poking around to see if I could gain some direction. Thanks!

-Mike

Theycallmecrash
08-27-2015, 10:28 PM
God damnit, this will be the third time i tried posting but the new format does weird **** and none of the link do what they are suppose to and end up deleting my messages and not editing.

Anyways, bad neutral switch, behind front belt sprocket.

mrlogix
08-27-2015, 11:10 PM
it is a communist plot Crash, NSA and Obama can't keep up.

Yodes89
08-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Thanks a bunch! Will be checking soon : )

34nineteen
09-01-2015, 12:29 AM
Pull the RH pulley cover and in front and behind the belt pulley is the neutral switch and connector. If you pull the plug or break the wire, the neutral light won't activate when the bike is put in neutral.

Yodes89
09-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Hey guys!
Forgot to post once I had a peek at whats going on. Turns out the wire was severed at some point before I got the bike. The compression sleeve that bridged the two split point on the wire to the neutral switch has one end that came out. I'm happy its just a little wire issue : D Thanks again for the help!