PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to an 1190 worth it?

Hook937
08-29-2015, 08:20 PM
So I've been on my firebolt for a while, I own 3 motorcycle but have the itch for another. I like to track a little bit so I want something in the form of a bike Ill only track. I love american made anything and have been playing with the idea of an 1190rx or a BMW s1000RR.

Drop your opinions below...

djs2k2
08-29-2015, 08:51 PM
USA all the way! You know it's going to be biased, but that's what you get with the best! ;)

QtheBuelligan
09-03-2015, 06:28 AM
you will not regret the RX. I love mine more every frickin day.

noone1569
09-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Finally put my RX on the track this year. I did one track day on the XB a few years ago.

The rx is simply amazing, such a great chasis, brakes, useable power everywhere. If you like the XB, the RX is like it just on steriods. Same sort of chasis feel, just better in every way.

user_deleted
09-03-2015, 04:01 PM
for what it's worth....White's H-D/Buell/EBR in lebanon, PA are cleaning out inventory of EBR's. have assorted models...pricing is fabulous....all new uncrated. IF you have the funds, they appear to be excellent buys.
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcd/5193035032.html
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcd/5193055759.html
https://lancaster.craigslist.org/mcd/5193055759.html

Cooter
09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm gonna get crap for this… Those 2 choices couldn't be any different.
The RX is a rough, rugged, analog beast, that can hang with the big boys if YOU make it do what you want. I haven't ridden one.
The BMW 1000RR it the pinnacle of high-tech, digital interface, that can make any chump ride like Marc Marquez. I have ridden that one.

I'm no pro-rider but the BMW and it is absolutely a. mazing.. Even if (on paper) it's heavier and less power, I could ride it faster more comfortably and with more confidence than my CR any day.

Lean angle ABS that uses both brakes from the handle. I could grab a HANDFUL of those amazing brakes mid-corner and it didn't stand-up, slide sideways, or anything. It just stopped, Right. Now. Totally under control.
Upshift control for seamless no clutch upshifts.
Downshift rev-match for seamless no-clutch downshifts. Absolutely blows away any slipper clutch.
Wheelie control (a VERY fun game). Pin it, dump the clutch, and upshift your way however long you want to. No skill needed!
3 ride programs for comfort on a sport bike on a crappy road. I did a 4 hour ride, my wrists, and my taint, were just fine. That's pretty good for a hyper-sport bike.
4 ABS settings, and the dash was easy to figure out.
The ride by wire throttle was unmatched for on-off throttle smoothness in a corner, and no arm pump on the highway.
The rear swing arm is a work of art too.
It even has a VDS sensor. Vertical Down Sensor. It tells you when you've fallen over. :applause: Like the pain and the sparks won't tell you? Damn Krauts thought of everything…
All for $18K:upset:
But if you get it you'll have to get all the douchy BMW logo gear:(

The RX for $18k make the choice a no-brainer. The RX for $11k makes me sweat.

I think any of these new bikes are better than 99% of the riders anyway, so you really can't lose.