PDA

View Full Version : EBR 1190sx custom streetfighter

TPEHAK
09-26-2015, 05:10 AM
OK, here is an hour of work in Paint, just an idea of a project EBR owners can easily realize.

http://s30.postimg.org/7bhwr2hkh/1190sx.png

EBR 1190sx custom streetfighter.

List of updates:

-LSL Urban Headlight + Motogadget M-lock + Motogadget Motoscope Mini (eliminate the original front end with original lock and cluster)
-Side bar mirrors (eliminate the original Mickey Mouse mirrors)
-Buell 1125 CR chin fairing (for better look, better aerodynamics and better oil radiator cooling)
-Shorten the seat and remove the passenger foot pegs (should be pretty easy, now the seat has the same size as the Buell XB12Scg seat)
-Radiantz Z-flex tail light (license plate mounted on the vertical face of the under seat compartment so it does not affect the look)
-Dean Adams shortened exhaust
-240 mm rear wheel (it looks like EBR 1190 swingarm should fit without major modifications)

Sirius815
09-26-2015, 10:30 AM
:eagerness: .

mrlogix
09-26-2015, 11:57 AM
hell yeah, nice work TPEHAK. So who is willing to try it?

theshinenz
09-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Might pay to have a look at the SX headlight, I looked at one as was considering buying one but hate the front headlight. The headlight looks like it has a vent and theres two heatsinks/regulators inside the headlight, so would need to be relocated to put a custom headlight on I would think. I didn't end up buying it as couldnt be bothered with the hassle of it and the stock headlight annoys me, thought Erik would have designed a nicer looking front end :-(

303xb
09-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Perfect, this is what it should look like

SEXT9
09-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Looks good. Will it run without the instrument cluster? And I'm really curious if the chin spoiler would fit.

TPEHAK
10-01-2015, 02:26 AM
I'm sure it's going to work without the instrument cluster. If it wont the instrument cluster can be stripped down and relocated in the airbox, or integrated in the airbox like on V-rod.

QtheBuelligan
10-02-2015, 11:40 AM
I wanna look into the 240. I like that idea.

QtheBuelligan
10-02-2015, 11:42 AM
I'm wondering what it would take to lower this dude. like an SCG. I haven't measured the rear spring on my RX yet, but to the naked eye it looks like its about the same compressed length as my scg springs.

Silverrider
07-17-2017, 12:46 AM
I like it TPEHAK , Thx

Cooter
07-18-2017, 07:36 AM
The heatsinks you see are for the LED headlight module and are integral to the whole headlight unit.

Yes, the EBR runs just fine without the dash module plugged in.

I really like the shortened tail. The pillion pad is totally useless, she's still 8" away from me with a valley to fall into. The shorter version would even be better for a passenger. I do like to scoot back to the flat part of the seat for longer rides but wow! Your taint pays the penalty for a crappy road or unseen bump.

I like the looks of the LSL headlight, is it any good?

TPEHAK
07-18-2017, 08:40 PM
Yes, aesthetically it is very good.

Cooter
07-18-2017, 10:02 PM
I mean functionally good.

TPEHAK
07-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Yes, it works with no issues.

Cooter
07-19-2017, 03:02 AM
I'm sure it "works" and it makes dark things brighter when power is applied:) I guess I'll be a specific as possible:

Is it better than the lame XBS stock lights? Better than stock EBR LED's? Do you know if they do well with LED or HID conversion bulbs? I'm serious about getting one and have yet to be impressed with an aftermarket reflector assembly that isn't a dedicated off-road light. If anyone has experience with this please chime in.

TPEHAK
07-19-2017, 04:11 AM
I think performance is compatible with stock XB headlight. I do not have experience with another headlights and probably lsl mt 03 has just average performance, probably performance of the stock mt 03 headlight is worst than stock EBR headlight. I do no know if they do well with LED or HID, but this headlight is pretty popular so I'm sure there is a bunch of information about how to modify the mt 03 headlight and how it performs. I do not care too much about headlight performance, I'm OK with how it works. The headlight has reflector and bracket angles adjustments but I even did not touch them. The only reason I installed it is I like the design and how it fits motorcycle. The headlight housing has very good quality, the LSL brackets make it looks even better. LSL makes different brackets sizes for different forks diameters.

Cooter
07-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Cool, thank you:)