PDA

View Full Version : Problems with loose rear seat

Red Gecko
05-14-2009, 04:41 AM
Hey guys, got a quick question. I just bought a 09 Firebolt. I had to take it back in the second day i had it. (apparently the front cylinder wasn't firing, but thats not my issue--they did get it fixed) My issue is that I don't know what they did but the rear seat is really loose now. When i bought it, it was nice and snug on the frame. Now the thing wiggles side to side a good half inch or so. I argured with the service manager saying my seat was not like that when i brought it in. Plus there are scratches all over where the metal tongue fits in. When i start the engine i hear the seat rattling over the engine. Anyway the dealer said there is nothing they can do. Anybody knows what could have happened? or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Red

xtremelow
05-14-2009, 06:49 AM
I would bring it back to the dealer and argue the fact it is a brand new bike, you had it there for service and now these problems have risen from them.

Insist that they need to fix the problem since it wasn't there when you brought it to them.

I would think something is cross threaded so it may feel tight but isn't.

If none of that works contact Buell directly and they will work with you, if you explain the problems that arouse from the dealer on you brand new bike.

Red Gecko
05-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah i was arguing with the service guys last night about that, the bike has only 100 miles on it.
There are no screws on it though so nothing can be cross threaded. I'm calling the manger today. but i was hoping someone here would have a fix for it.