PDA

View Full Version : Kill switch issues?

ghostrider272
01-17-2016, 01:14 PM
Have a 2008 1125R and love the bike. Late in the fall it wouldn't start. After some troubleshooting, I think it comes from the kill switch. Anyone have this issue? Haven't brought it to a shop yet so I figured I'd ask here.

heagachongoose
01-17-2016, 02:26 PM
We are going to need more info than that. Please tell us more about what happens when you attempt to start the bike.

Any electrical modifications to the bike?

Step 1, start simple. Not sure what you have done yet but the batter is the place to start. Chwck your voltage, pull your cables off and tack a wire brush or sandpaper to the contact points. Check your fuse box for blown fuses, check your relays. Check your right handlebar control mwiring,ake sure everything is pugged in nice and tight. Check your igniton wires as well.

Flatout
01-17-2016, 07:22 PM
I second what heagachongoose has said, check battery connection, voltage, load test if you have the ability. Look for corrosion on terminals and inside the right handlebar control.

If the right side run/kill switch is constructed like the left high/low beam switch it is possible you are not making contact when the switch is in the run position. I had the same issue with my high/low beam switch after modifying the wiring. There are copper contacts on two pieces and if they are not making contact no high beam in my case, possibly no run in your case.

To reiterate, more symptoms would help generate more specific things the check or try.