PDA

View Full Version : EBR at Chicago International Motorcycle Show February 12-14

Hughlysses
02-10-2016, 01:06 PM
From EBR's Facebook page yesterday:

EBR Motorcycles will be in Booth 1400 at the Chicago International Motorcycle Show this weekend, Feb 12-14th. More info to come, but please plan to stop by and see us if you are in the area.

:up:

Hughlysses
02-10-2016, 01:47 PM
That'd be awesome. Get the inside scoop on what's going on and let us know!

Hughlysses
02-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Good question. Here are my top 3 questions:

1- Do they have any potential buyers for EBR lined up?
2- Are there any changes for the 2016 model EBR's they're supposed to start building next month? ABS? "Bold new colors"? etc.
3- After the closure, Erik was quoted in at least one article saying they had new, less-expensive, more main-stream models in the works. What can they tell us about those?

Hughlysses
02-10-2016, 03:12 PM
Thanks! You're the man!

Fatty SS
02-10-2016, 03:31 PM
This is awesome! Too bad they weren't at Minneapolis last weekend, that would have been the highlight of the show for me!

Chicago, can I add another question to your list? How close are they to releasing the AX? Thanks!

BambamXB12r
02-10-2016, 04:36 PM
http://m.autoevolution.com/exclusive-ebr-1190ax-confirmed-as-sport-adventure-bike-88770.html
Here you go Chicago.

buell248
02-10-2016, 04:41 PM
The AX is the next Uly...cool! Keep us posted Chicago. Im sure you will have a video!

BuellyBagger
02-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Mmmm mmmm 185 horse uly, tasty.

Thanks for heading to the show and grilling the ebr folks on our behalf Chicago!

qurtrn10
02-11-2016, 02:08 AM
Man I wish they were in Florida so that I could go.

My questions:
Windscreen and soft bags were supposedly in development for the SX when they shut down - could they be coming out soon?
Who could we call or write to for production numbers? How many of each color of each model, etc.?

And if they show one of the Laguna Blue SXs, I'd want to get the VIN - I'm trying to help track down all 50, and I know the company still had one or two at the shut down.

heagachongoose
02-11-2016, 01:18 PM
The AX was not the next bike in line. Something much cooler is coming first.

I wish I had the time to make it this weekend. I'll be at the amsoil booth at the Indianapolis Expo the week after though. Hopefully EBR will show there as well.

Hughlysses
02-11-2016, 02:30 PM
The AX was not the next bike in line. Something much cooler is coming first.

That's consistent with published comments from Erik and rumors I've heard.

While EBR originally stated the AX would be another variation of the 1190 platform (RX, SX and AX similar to XB12R, XB12S, and XB12X), EBR later stated that the AX was NOT going to be another 1190 variant, but an all-new platform: http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/09/03/on-the-record-with-dane-hoechst-erik-buell-racing-program-manager/ I hope we get to see it one day.

Hughlysses
02-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Just posted to EBR's Facebook page:

Erik Buell will Meet & Greet Friday, February 12 from 3pm – 7pm at the Chicago International Motorcycle Show, Booth #1400.

qurtrn10
02-11-2016, 09:59 PM
Man, I would have asked him to sign my Airbox.

New question for Erik - Will you please come to Florida? :)

Fuzzy
02-12-2016, 12:22 AM
I'll be down there on sunday!

Hughlysses
02-12-2016, 09:06 PM
The deed is done, Eric Buell is here, they brought two bikes and the whole crew. No new information you guys don't already know. Cryptic about the AX but positive about March. Lots to see other than EBR... Wow never leaving, post pics and vids later.

Glad you made it; looking forward to pics and video.

Just to clarify, they said production WILL resume next month as opposed to production could resume next month?

ToneTheMoan
02-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Chicago so how did Erik look was he looking happy or worn out with all the recent events?

qurtrn10
02-12-2016, 11:19 PM
Did they bring a blue SX?

buell248
02-13-2016, 01:59 AM
Are there any upgrades to the 2016 models?

Restlessrustler
02-13-2016, 04:29 AM
Wow that was just as dissapointing as my nyc show...well ill love my xb

Hughlysses
02-13-2016, 12:30 PM
I would buy any one of the three EBR models I saw at his booth. However I could not get a cost or colors available from the team which you know there is only 6 right. I mean how many can we get from these guys unless there is a major investor. But I leave that to you guys to speculate, when I ask I was told they will choose carefully this time.

Supposedly there were 250 completed bikes plus another 100 that just needed a few pieces installed sitting in the factory at the time of the closure. I'd think a small crew could get those out the door pretty quickly. After that, who knows?

d_adams
02-13-2016, 12:54 PM
That SX was the correct "BLACK" they should have went with in the beginning. More like "liquid black" than what you'd normally find.

heagachongoose
02-13-2016, 04:31 PM
Wow. The black sx is hawt.

d_adams
02-13-2016, 04:51 PM
This is the black I like. Just found this yesterday and haven't stopped drooling. No, it's not a bike, but DAMN!

Yeah, it cost more than the average 1190 RX or SX right now. $10k.

BuellyBagger
02-13-2016, 08:39 PM
lmao you scooter dudes are even nerdier than buell riders!!!!!

wickedchop
02-13-2016, 10:05 PM
That busa, zx14, and that vrod should've been lit on fire right then and there!

Hughlysses
02-13-2016, 10:43 PM
Chicago- thanks much for taking and I posting the videos.

buell248
02-13-2016, 11:18 PM
THANKS Scooter Boy, :up: You did a GREAT JOB! I'm glad they said something about 2016 production bikes!!! :)

Cooter
02-14-2016, 03:02 AM
Thanks for all the updates Chicago:up:

The Black SX is a bad mother shut-your-mouth! and I've seen the custom V-twin Victorys in person. Some VERY badass versions!

wickedchop
02-14-2016, 11:46 AM
I don't think big Suzuki's are for me either. How do you feel about the Victory bikes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9aMMYZXvY4

and you must hate these things LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYLquhZi968

surely you can find something you like in this line up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZTFiVf61xQ

Definitely liked most bikes in the custom corral, except that single sided swing arm abomination, the Indian, and the bagger. Thanks for getting us some info and footage from EBR Chicago...

Hughlysses
02-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Here's some very interesting info posted by "Solar Flare" to the EBR 1190 Owner's Facebook group. He spoke with Ed Laben, Director of Sourcing for EBR at EBR's booth at the Chicago IMS. The following info is paraphrased from Solar Flare's posts:

- Limited production of the SX and RX will begin in March.

- EBR will not honor warranties for the existing motorcycles. He said the current parts inventory has been discounted to accommodate those affected with issues. He apologized for this and stated it was out of his control. They will offer free tech support for any owner that is having issues.

- As of now, there are no plans on the table for new models. They want to limit production to build capital, then designs for new models will begin.

- They are resuming production of modified stators for the 1125 models.

- "The next 18 to 24 months for EBR will be very exciting, and very sexy!!"

- Anyone interested in being a dealer can contact EBR. They have some dealers who won't be selling for them anymore after what happened. But, they have a bunch of new dealers interested in selling EBRs. Only about a dozen will be Harley Davidson dealerships. The others will be Ducati, BMW dealerships, and various sportbike dealerships.

- We should be very surprised by the new MSRP for the new bikes.

- Liquid Asset Partners is committed to one thing. That is investing in EBR and producing new and innovative machines. He said that LAP is excited about being a part of the revival of the company. He said that by the company being operational, functional, and making profits, will put the company into a better position financially. This will make the company more appealing to a buyer who is interested in keeping the company moving forward long term.

BambamXB12r
02-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Sounds like great news to me, thanks for the update. Depending on the surprising MSRP I might be interested in purchasing an EBR. Im very curious how the next couple years will go for EBR and LAP.