PDA

View Full Version : EBR spoken of on FZ-09 forum

thrstrmech
03-02-2016, 11:13 PM
so a bunch of F#$@tards over on the forum that I'm a member of....http://www.fz09.org/forum/11-off-topic/10636-can-eric-buell-succeed-time.html

...these guys just don't get what Buell/EBR motorcycles are, I'm almost ashamed for selling my '03 XB9S and picking up the FZ. It's a good bike, but just isn't all that. I'm ready to trade it in for the SX...

wickedchop
03-02-2016, 11:42 PM
Well good for you for as of now having the last word on that thread and setting those DICKS straight! Get rid of that yammy and come back home!!!! My buddy has one and I rode it and I just felt like another dude on another bike, no big smile, no barking exhaust, no pride in like I have when I ride my AMERICAN machine.

thrstrmech
03-03-2016, 12:11 AM
thanks, no one has posted after what I did, but did get a "like" from another forum member for it. guess that'll do...

ToneTheMoan
03-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Hey man life is like a bed of roses.... Full of Pricks! Well done for still fighting the fight! :up:

user_deleted
03-03-2016, 01:30 PM
sadly robin i think what you've fallen upon here is the "blandness" that is known as yamaha. very nice motorcycles that have a long history of doing absolutely nothing to stir the soul. FZ-09 latest itineration of that theme.

buell248
03-03-2016, 01:45 PM
here is something to think about, its time to be different again!:)

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/mcy/5407962029.html

BuellyBagger
03-03-2016, 03:47 PM
I always thought Buell's first mistake was teaming up with Harley in the first place. How many Harley guys converted to Buell? zero???? lol

I did. (Not s total convert,still like Harleys, but NO WHERE near as much as buells).
These Yamaha fellas do prove the point that so many people just don't"get"buells. It's sad really. They don't conform to a specific type of "biker" so they must be S#it?

GregoXB
03-03-2016, 05:54 PM
I didn't think the thread was that bad. I have seen worse said about Buells/EBRs.... Even on this forum lol......

Gloomshadow
03-03-2016, 10:51 PM
in a strange way, Buells "legend" has increased now that they are gone... they aren't bashing them like they used to bash them.. more guys standing up for what they did offer... do kind of agree with the guy that mentioned Confederate. I think ebr needs a "American-looking" streetfighter for about 10 grand... something "mean" looking.. something that kind of looks like a Hellcat

BuellyBagger
03-04-2016, 11:57 AM
I think ebr needs a "American-looking" streetfighter for about 10 grand... something "mean" looking.. something that kind of looks like a Hellcat

I agree with you that would be a freaking cool bike, i always thought maybe like an updated X1 or M2, you know more modern parts, but still a round headlight and tube frame, but i dont think that EBR's identity fits into that, modern race inspired sport bikes seems to be it, which isnt a bad thing either. But who knows lots of manufacturers do a kinda "retro" model with some sweet modern features maybe buell will someday!

d_adams
03-04-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm guessing you guys haven't actually ridden an 1190 SX then? Sure, it was priced a little higher than your target, but throw a leg over one with one of my exhaust systems on it and ride it, you'll think that Hellcat sounds like your grandma's oldsmobile. Even stock they sound pretty decent under a hard load, but they can be uncorked easily enough.

Gloomshadow
03-04-2016, 02:33 PM
no reason why ebr cant to BOTH in my thinking.. pure racing stuff on one side and the on the other side , " hey, we got badass American streetfighters too" ebr has to "embrace its American" if not, its going to be the American version of Aprilia ...

Gloomshadow
03-04-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm guessing you guys haven't actually ridden an 1190 SX then? Sure, it was priced a little higher than your target, but throw a leg over one with one of my exhaust systems on it and ride it, you'll think that Hellcat sounds like your grandma's oldsmobile. Even stock they sound pretty decent under a hard load, but they can be uncorked easily enough.

oh I'm sure its badass, I'm just talking purely from a styling angle.. something more minimal, little headlights, black frames on chrome bolts, hidden lines and cables, that kind of thing..

BuellyBagger
03-04-2016, 03:12 PM
I'm guessing you guys haven't actually ridden an 1190 SX then? Sure, it was priced a little higher than your target, but throw a leg over one with one of my exhaust systems on it and ride it, not disputing the sx a sweet machine, and I don't even think the price is bad, would sooner put that kind of money on it than a ducati! Would be neat if they made a less edgey more "classical" style cafe maybe, but I wouldn't expect a 10k piece tag, something closer to 14. Maybe a de tuned Rotax that they could rework to be more of a loapy thunder er?
Hell I dunno!

Gloomshadow
03-04-2016, 05:45 PM
yeah I was dreamin at 10k.. I would take a 1190 SX no problem but it if they gave it the "ronin" type treatment with a touch Confederate, I would be all over it.

you know, "America edition" I think they would sell quite a few of them.. probably be the most popular model. not everybody wants a "race bike" a lot of guys want a "hot rod" streetfighter.. spec sheet would still look awesome but you would have that "badass" look.. tune if for mid-range and gear it down a little bit.. it would be badass

d_adams
03-04-2016, 07:29 PM
You do realize the 1190 motor is making something like 80 ft/lbs of torque from like 3400 rpm to redline, right? "De-tuning" it would be a bit silly, it has power EVERYWHERE.

BuellyBagger
03-04-2016, 11:24 PM
You do realize the 1190 motor is making something like 80 ft/lbs of torque from like 3400 rpm to redline, right? "De-tuning" it would be a bit silly, it has power EVERYWHERE.

damn it quite sh#ting on our parade!!! LOL Point taken, maybe there is something they could whip up that would be less costly than the 1190??? maybe the 1125 is cheaper to produce, just spot ballin'!!!

Gloomshadow
03-04-2016, 11:46 PM
that's plenty.. I'm just talking about how it looks.. the SX just can be made to look more like an American custom.
it needs to look like THIS... this is perfect for me.. but with more black and more chrome he he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z4o4ZWpASk

buell248
03-05-2016, 01:02 AM
I think thats more than $10k.

d_adams
03-05-2016, 01:07 AM
Yep, that's an R̶S̶ RR that was modded to it's current form. As a guess, it's probably in the neighborhood of $55k+ for that build. I _think_ they were going to do a kit for them, not sure what ever happened with it. If you're serious about it, ask Jens at NCCR http://www.nccr.se/html/kontakta_oss.html

I'm sure they'd be willing to at least discuss it, but I doubt it will be cheap.

Btw, the rear rim is worth about $2500 alone.

Gloomshadow
03-05-2016, 01:09 AM
imagine if you dump that! ha ha ha

GregoXB
03-05-2016, 01:42 AM

The torque and power come on immediately with a blip of the throttle. I have never known such savagery. To my surprise it was docile during my commute too. It's a stallion.

thrstrmech
03-21-2016, 11:39 PM
talking about trading the FZ for the SX...kinda peace talks with the boss, so to speak:)

mrlogix
03-22-2016, 12:38 AM
do it

really! we still have to do the ten F%#king letter thing

thrstrmech
03-27-2016, 12:19 AM
so an update to the peace talks with the chief..............................sell the FZ and get the EBR:):):)

owe just shy of 9k, has 3200 miles on the clock, 9 months old...need to find a dealer and work something out

thrstrmech
03-29-2016, 01:35 AM
posted specs on the SX on the fz forum and got positive feedback...my convert one or two of those guys yet:)

Gloomshadow
03-30-2016, 02:25 AM
that one guy said that the 1190 had not been updated for two years vs the Ducati.. not sure that's accurate. i thought they tweaked the new traction control and little things here and there... but anyway, what would you ever need to change on one?... 99% of the guys out there wont be able to out-ride that bike.. all this talk is making me consider getting a 1190.. my local Harley has 2014s sitting in crates in storage. wonder what they want for them?

thrstrmech
03-30-2016, 03:12 AM
haven't seen anything written if any changes have been made as of yet, guy posted an old video of the shoot out of the EBR and Duc. he also went on to talk about the aftermarket parts and any support for them...those die hard Yamaha guys confuse me:)

d_adams
03-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Go in with about $9k in cash, bet they'd bite.

Gloomshadow
03-31-2016, 02:34 AM
went in today. 16,500 out the door and they offered 8.000 for BOTH of my buells.. I didn't bite.. they could not match the 2016 prices...

Gloomshadow
03-31-2016, 02:38 AM
haven't seen anything written if any changes have been made as of yet, guy posted an old video of the shoot out of the EBR and Duc. he also went on to talk about the aftermarket parts and any support for them...those die hard Yamaha guys confuse me:)

they just know what they know and cant think outside the narrow confines of "commodity bikes" if its not Japanese or Italian, it must be wrong.

thrstrmech
04-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Just spoke with local dealer that is renewing paperwork to continue being an EBR dealer and waiting for a call back. Thay took my information and waiting for a call back with a quote on an SX and talk about trade in of the FZ. Woohoo, the ball is rolling:)