PDA

View Full Version : buell is back

nynor
03-19-2016, 05:10 PM
another chapter:

https://www.biztimes.com/2016/03/17/new-ownership-looks-to-steer-buell-in-right-direction/

wickedchop
03-19-2016, 06:11 PM
We have an EBR section here you should take a gander at...lol. thanks for the post though

Pjf53
04-12-2016, 08:54 PM
It's great to see Buell continuing to move forward. I really wish they'd continue to offer a Sportster based 1200 air/oil/fan cooled platform. I'm old school and this is the one and only reason I own a Buell now. The Ulysses was a superb bike and I'd gladly be a lifelong customer if a similar option was available. I'm not especially interested in the 1190 based liquid cooled engine although I know it is superior in many ways. Like I say, that's not the reason I own my '09 XB1200XT.

treeman
04-18-2016, 07:28 PM
I agree and would like to see the Harley engine wrung out for all the hp's it can make even if it takes a subtle hidden radiator somewhere. I am 3 days into Buell ownership but love the rumblin bumblin ride and great handling. If they change the sound I am back to Triumphs.

GregoXB
04-18-2016, 07:56 PM
We need a new stunt bike.

Cooter
08-06-2021, 04:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2fUgLgEFA

And a new chapter. Er... 7:54 of saying 'excited' and 'things are happening'. Dang it. I want even the tiniest bit of REAL information. I want them to succeed, and I know these no scam to be had here, but my BS meter is pegged and that makes me sad:upset:

Pitcherman
08-06-2021, 06:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2fUgLgEFA

And a new chapter. Er... 7:54 of saying 'excited' and 'things are happening'. Dang it. I want even the tiniest bit of REAL information. I want them to succeed, and I know these no scam to be had here, but my BS meter is pegged and that makes me sad:upset:

Right? "These things rip down the track, so fast." Cool, what about the other 90% of the community that use their bikes in the real world? I love a good track day as much as anyone, but that equates to about 1% of my riding. I also like how they ended the video with, we're so busy with all this stuff that we're going to tell you about....but we don't have time to tell you. We want to make these videos to keep you up to date, but we don't have time because we're so busy. Busy doing what? Track testing a bike that was designed over a decade ago?

Cooter
08-06-2021, 07:18 PM
Agreed, but thats how they rate Supersport bikes nowadays. Maybe they haven't passed the EPA hoops to be licensed road legal under the new name yet? I have no idea how that works.

Not to be too negative, but I know Jacob Stark and have ridden with him on track. I like him just fine but there's NO way he is (as introduced) a "Mechanical Engineer", nor was he EVER going to "catch up with Geoff May on the straights". LOLOLOL.

Wheres the footage? It would have been awesome to see a bunch of EBR's on the track... even just a mess around track day... or a hill climb victory run... or a EBR winning a drag race...

Pitcherman
08-06-2021, 07:51 PM
I have seen some short video clips on Instagram of the Vance&Hines bike at the strip and the 1190HCR doing some climbing but they haven't done much to push that media out to the masses. You could be right, they may be holding back on releasing anything real until they can actually deliver on what they're showing. If what they're saying is true and they're "too busy" to connect with the public then I fear this ship will sink before it ever leaves port.

Barrett
08-08-2021, 02:13 PM
These 2 hacks are nothing more than a professional pair of windjammers. Know how I know? Click the below. Melvin dumped this lengthy document on the US motorcycle press with unprecedented fanfare....then completely failed to back it up with one single legitimate pre-production unit that could be dissected by the motorsports press. Melvin liquidates tangible assets of small bankrupt entities....Stark repairs bikes and sells fuel pump kits. That's the extent of their collective talents. Being self-absorbed and full of ones' self does not constitute a talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS9SAPMbgVU

rchuff
08-08-2021, 10:02 PM
I would never buy a bike from these guys they talk to much crap and don't produce what they say. Not a fan of Stark either. He has rubbed alot of people wrong with his B-S.

Cooter
08-09-2021, 11:04 PM
They would have been better off just being truthful, without the poorly executed corporate marketing spin attempt, and not even bother buying the hallowed name.

Hello! We are NOT related to Erik Buell or his old company, or his new company. At all. We are not a manufacturer, or a design team. We are assembling and selling bikes from the NOS supply that used to be EBR. If you like them and want a brand new one c'mon down and pick one up! In the meantime, we will try to modify the existing ones we assemble now, into other versions, and move on to doing other projects we think are fun, when we can. Check us out us as we try to start an American motorcycle manufacturing company, from scratch, with no experience, using ICE engines, at the worst possible time in human history to do exactly that.

(Sigh) Out of all the 100's of motorcycle manufacturers theres even been, I think theres maybe 5(?) that are the original company. And even the holy mother Harley-Davidson, just barely applies to that too. Its a tough segment. But the wounds are still fresh so please don't call them Buells, but don't call them Melvins either (lol).

Love them or hate them, they were called Van-Hagar for a reason.

Cooter
08-09-2021, 11:12 PM
Not a fan of Stark either.

He is the BEST! Just ask him, he'll tell ya:black_eyed:

LOL. Like I said, we've met. I know too much about his history to fall for the King of Facebook Self-Promotion. Not a bad guy, but from what I've seen him do, he has promised well outside his abilities. IMO. If Bill makes the time to mention he was able to bolt on a brake master to some handlebars... hold my wrench:p

Outlaw
08-10-2021, 12:15 AM
Van Hagar was the best.

Cooter
08-10-2021, 04:20 PM
I'll be humming THAT all day:topsy_turvy:

This town only has one chain restaurant in it. A Rock n' Brews:cool: