PDA

View Full Version : Peter Egan Article on EBR Open House Up at Cycle World

Hughlysses
03-22-2016, 10:06 PM
http://www.cycleworld.com/2016/03/22/erik-buell-racing-is-reborn-again-with-new-investors-motorcycle-news/

mrlogix
03-22-2016, 10:54 PM
:up::up: ten f#@king letters

818Guy
03-22-2016, 11:14 PM
From the article....

“I’ve put 2,000 miles on my own SX in the past few months, and I’d like the bars about an inch higher and the seat and pegs a little lower. We’re working on a model that does just that..."

:applause:

user_deleted
03-22-2016, 11:17 PM
Egan is arguably the worlds' foremost motorcycle/motorsports author and though i never had the pleasure of meeting him...a good friend of mine , Ari Henning, is the editor of Motorcyclist magazine and is friends with Egan. he has told me on several occasions what a brilliant writer and cool guy Egan is as a person. if i had a "bucket list" it would be to spend an evening picking Egans' brain and enjoying his intellect and experiences. having said that this certainly appears to be outstanding news for cyclists everywhere and for Mr. Buell in particular. i have no knowledge or experience whatsoever in business matters as complex as this but EBR now being managed, guided, and returned from the grave by a father/son team who are life-long riders and enthusiasts has to be a marriage made in heaven.

St1tch
03-23-2016, 05:25 AM
I agree. Egan was the only reason I continued to subscribe to CW for the longest time. I borrowed "Leanings" from a friend and it is a wonderful piece of literature. I am extremely excited to see where EBR is going. If I wasn't so hung up on snow checking a 2018 sled next year I would be all over a new EBR. After being at the factory and seeing the factory process had really drawn my attention to them. Erik can focus on what he does best- engineering now with the partnership.

Hughlysses
03-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Egan definitely seems like he'd be a very cool guy to hang out with- he does his own wrenching, he likes dark beer, ALL motorcycles, and old guitars. What else is there? :eagerness:

thrstrmech
03-27-2016, 12:46 PM
great article, and wow about who has bought the business and motorcycle crazy. looks like this will work out for the best