PDA

View Full Version : just bought a new 07 xb12s

andrecna
05-20-2009, 08:37 PM
hello,
I just bought here in Brazil a 07 xb12s with only 1000km on it and i´m loving the bike and also loving this forum.My bike has a slight hesitation after idle and a kind of puffing(exhaust goes puf,puf)I have read the topics and I already adjusted the idle(it was too low)and there was a big improvement but sometimes it still happens..is it normal or what should I do?

Stevenc150
05-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Welcome to the Forum Andre! :D[up] You can do the Crankcase Breather Reroute (http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Forum/Do-It-Yourself-Buell-Mods/How-To-Crank-Case-Breather-Mod-with-pics) Mod and it will help some. Also, if you think the plugs may be fouling up, you can try some Iridium spark plugs. I'm happy with the NGK Iridiums (Pt.# DCPR9EIX).

andrecna
05-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks a lot Steven.In will do both pronto!![up]

LeFox
05-22-2009, 10:25 AM
andrecna, did the bike get it's service?

best, when you buy a used bike, is to do a complete service. that way, you know what is in your bike.

i bet that your problem will be solved with plugs and some good clean oil. ;)

Buell_Cru
05-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Congrats on the new bike...There is plenty of useful knowledge floating around here.

andrecna
05-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Hello Lefox,

Yes the bike had the first scheduled maintenance done at the dealer and from what I have seen they have changed the oil(engine,primary ,dealer have used mineral MOTUL oil)and filter that´s all it was done in February(bike was 1000km).and now it is 1300km(last weekend I rode 300km in it).I have already ordered the plugs and will buy material to make the breather reroute this weekend.Do you think I should make another oil/filter change(use synthetic)?

thanks a lot and congrats on the forum
It is AWESOME!!

LeFox
05-22-2009, 03:35 PM
yea, change to synthetic...

alot of riders here swear by royal purple, amsoil, etc.

just use a decent synthetic oil that is made for aircooled vtwin engines.