PDA

View Full Version : The fieboot is coming together quite nicely!

303frost
04-27-2016, 02:35 AM
After a slew of break downs, and incompetent shops, I stripped my whole bike apart, painted, adjusted/replaced anything that needed service, and now is running like it's brand new!!! Just tuned the ecm with ecmdroid, and I have to say that was the easiest and most enjoyable experience! Literally flashed my ecm within minutes! I love my bike (finally). This thing was such a nightmare when I bought it. 3953

Everything that used to be silver got painted copper, frame and wheels dark brown, and body work ivory. I'm working on a custom fiberglass airbox cover and front dirt tracker style plate. ProTaper handle bars go on tomorrow, should look really nice with the Ulyssess foot pegs! I chopped up the subframe and am welding it together right now. I really dig it! Not as aggressive looking as the lightning subframe. Custom battery box is tucked in there nicely. I'll take better photos and give more details later, for now it's time to ride!

Chicknstripn
04-27-2016, 07:32 AM
Awesome work!
Love it when someone doesn't give up on a bike!
Great work. Definitely give us some more updates!

am944
04-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Looks awesome dude!!! I can't wait to see it when its done! Are your pucks painted too or did you remove them?

303frost
04-27-2016, 04:34 PM
Pucks are painted for now. This is all temporary paint haha. I'm gonna strip everything down again when I finish the air box cover and everything else. Going to get everything powder coated and professionally painted so it doesn't chip away on me. Super excited for the outcome

303frost
04-27-2016, 06:20 PM
Here is a link to my photobucket with before and after/build progress pics

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/frostonian1/library/Mobile%20Uploads

am944
05-18-2016, 03:50 AM
Very nice! I need to get back out there and finish mine up and get her out on the road.