PDA

View Full Version : New To the Forum and a busted XB12R

1BADXB
05-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Hey everyone, as the title states, I'm new roaming around here. Currently own just one Buell, my 08' XB12R 25th limited edition.
Last summer start getting some wicked bad noise out of the tranny so I finally pulled it all apart. So I'll list the damage report below.

Chipped 3rd gear teeth (buddy has a good used one for me)
Stripped out counter Shaft bolt (need to look at twin mc to find the P#)
Clutch basket is a bit beat up (partially my own doing, replacing with Evo billet)
Cam lobes have scoring going with direction of travel (getting used ones from Dan at NRHS)
lifters show matching scoring on rollers (not sure what caused this, getting used ones from NRHS)
Both pistons have dings in the crown (blew rear plug out two years ago and never found electrode, know where it went now)
Forward cylinder has massive scoring (Time to go 1250 kit)
When pistons were dropped out, found both compression rings rotated same direction (ring gaps directly over one another)
Case cam journal on #3 cam shows bad thrust wear (machinist buddy is going to bore cases for needle bearings and old style shims)
Cam cover has matching bad thrust wear on #3 cam journal (boring for brass shoulder bushings)

So heres the things I'm a little lost on. Once I re-work everything, how hard is it to use TunerPro RT? I've been playing with it a little not connected to the bike trying to get a feel for it. Found a few odd things while playing with a .bin file I downloaded off the ecm spy buell page.

Fuel and Ign tables dont show load or RPM break points properly, just random numbers
Trying to figure out how one would use TP to turn off the active exhaust servo
And finally, can I configure the ECM to read from a WBO2 (yes I know you need a controller for the WB) just wondering if you can set the factory 02 input to read the 0-5v signal that say a Spartan2 would put out. And if so, can I set the ECM up to read dual WBO2's for active closed loop bank corrections?

I play with megasquirt EFI ALOT, so thats what I'm used to.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. Sorry for the long post. :D

djs2k2
05-29-2016, 10:13 PM
Wow.................... That's a list. I'm sure you will get allot of questions. Keep us updated on the build and I would love to know your thoughts on the 1250 kit..

1BADXB
05-30-2016, 03:51 PM
Thanks, its going to be a few weeks until I have the scratch to fix it all. Figure while its all apart, I'll also be painting the primary cover and oil pump assembly, also trying to get my hands on some thermal dispersant coating for the cases and jugs.

ToneTheMoan
05-30-2016, 03:57 PM
And i am interested to see how the thermal coating looks as i am some kind of black coating weirdo! ha ha ha will the jugs and cases be black? Enjoy the build :eagerness:

1BADXB
05-31-2016, 03:51 AM
Cases, jugs and heads will all be black. Rocker boxes white and valve covers, primary cover, and oil pump cover a dark metallic grey to match the frame. I already had the upper fork tubes powdered white a few years back, fork slide tubes are done in a black diamond coating (super slick stuff), lower lugs and triples are powder coated a nice gloss black. I also designed and build a aluminum forward bracket to hold 90mm hella bi-halogen head lamps in place of the factory crap projectors. When I get some more time I'll pull the front fairing back off and take some pictures.

ToneTheMoan
06-06-2016, 08:04 AM
^^^ I cant wait to see all that! :eagerness:

Lusiphur
06-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Subscribed!!

This looks to be a really cool thread.