PDA

View Full Version : Neutral light question

Cincy_Machine
06-07-2016, 12:37 AM
Just changed to a new battery, changed oil and replace a blown fuse for the fan but not it seems that the neutral light isn't always showing. It seems when it is warm. Is it me or something else?

njloco
06-07-2016, 02:00 AM
Maybe a loose wire and or neutral switch that isn't functioning correctly ?

Cooter
06-07-2016, 06:09 AM
There is almost no information in your post for a diagnosis over the internet so I'll break out my crystal ball of guesses.
The neutral switch is at the 4 o'clock position just behind the belt pulley on the engine. Check to see that the single wire plug has good contact. It grounds when the Trans is in neutral, check it with an ohmmeter.

Also check the diode in the fusebox. It looks like a fuse but ONLY GOES ONE WAY. Make sure it's in solid as well.

AZmidget91
06-07-2016, 01:23 PM
As always, good advice from cooter. First thing I would check is the diode.

Cincy_Machine
06-08-2016, 12:51 AM
OK, first my neutral light stops working after it get hot, 20-30 min of running but now I noticed at stops my rpm's go up about 1000 but only at stops. Everything works fine after it cools down.

Cooter
06-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Wut?

Ten........

ToneTheMoan
06-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Who needs a neutral light anyway! if it pulls away its in gear if it doesnt its in neutral simple! Lol :black_eyed:

Cincy_Machine
06-29-2016, 09:30 PM
There is almost no information in your post for a diagnosis over the internet so I'll break out my crystal ball of guesses.
The neutral switch is at the 4 o'clock position just behind the belt pulley on the engine. Check to see that the single wire plug has good contact. It grounds when the Trans is in neutral, check it with an ohmmeter.

Also check the diode in the fusebox. It looks like a fuse but ONLY GOES ONE WAY. Make sure it's in solid as well.

What is the sign of a failing switch besides no light??

user_deleted
06-29-2016, 10:52 PM
What is the sign of a failing switch besides no light??
erratic curb idle speed when warm......confusion between lever interlock button switch and starter relay.

Cincy_Machine
07-15-2016, 03:20 PM
What should fix then?? Where to start?