PDA

View Full Version : Shop broke my center tail section

Sir Tragen
06-26-2016, 05:31 AM
So... Long story short, I had a shop diagnose and work on a problem I have had with my XB for some time. The jury is still out on if they fixed the problem, but (the good news) on the ride home, it did seem to be running better.

However, (the bad news) the bike seems to have picked up a few new "quirks." The starter will not work without pulling the clutch, even in neutral... Not the end of the world, but I find myself wondering why this changed. I will look into the clutch lever sensor later.

Next, every time I pull my clutch lever, the neutral light comes on, regardless of what gear I am in. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Now, the worse news. When I picked up my bike, my license plate was broken off and sitting on the seat. They said that when their tech got off the bike after the test ride, he caught his leg on it and it busted off. The license plate had been bashed around, and bent before, so I was not all that concerned about this.

I next noticed that the seat was not quite straight, but I did not mention anything about it at that time. When I got home, I gave the bike a good once over, and found that my center tail section was completely broken. It is broken right where the left sub frame rail bolts to it. I am going to take my bike back to talk with the guy tomorrow, but I am reaching out to see if there are any on the forum for sale. I found one new on buellsterparts.com for $125, but they are out of stock. I have not looked at New Castle HD as I have not found the part number yet, but I will look into that soon as well.

Anybody got one laying around?

Chicknstripn
06-26-2016, 06:17 AM
You shouldn't pay for anything! License plate bracket and all!
They broke it they bought it!
WTH

buell248
06-26-2016, 10:09 AM
what kind of "shop" did you take it to? I would be making them pay to fix it! You can troubleshoot and fix all your problems with the help of everyone on this forum.

ToneTheMoan
06-26-2016, 10:17 AM
^^^ agree with the above! plus how the hell did they break that? caught his leg on it yeah but he was driving a fork lift truck at the time!! lol Good luck getting it sorted!

Lusiphur
06-26-2016, 02:56 PM
I think they dropped the bike and that section broke the fall.

You should get a full refund and have them pay for the parts. That's unacceptable.

Outlaw
06-26-2016, 07:27 PM
That is unfortunate. But you do need to clean your wheels.

squidbuellie
06-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Have them check the neutral switch behind the belt pulley cover. Now the tail section break all the time if you do not have all 6 of the bolts in. Just have them buy you a new one or have it welded the spot that is broke will not be seen.

njloco
06-28-2016, 12:56 PM
I always check the entire bike, BEFORE, I pay and leave their premises, this way, they can't say it was fine when it left.

Cooter
06-28-2016, 03:07 PM
The cranking at anytime and neutral light issue will probably be solved by opening up your fuse box and turning the diode around.

The diode looks like a fuse but only works one way.

And I would never, ever, go back to that shop. Ever.