PDA

View Full Version : Rear turn signal removal

RedDevilWheezy
07-20-2016, 03:50 AM
I've been searching and haven't been able to find an answer, so I apologize if I missed this somewhere else in the forum.

I pulled the cover off my bike the other day in a bit of a hurry and snapped my rear right turn signal in half. I have a replacement on the way which should be here by Thursday, but I can't figure out how the stock turn signals come off. I'm probably overthinking this but I don't see any mounting hardware and every thread I can find is about replacing them but doesn't tackle the actual removal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fatty SS
07-20-2016, 04:45 AM
You have to remove the tail plastic to get to the threaded studs and wiring connectors. T27 screwdriver for all fasteners. Remove pillion seat, then rider seat. One screw in between the two seats, two screws in the front of the plastic on the top and two more in the front on the bottom. Pull the plastics off and you can reach the signals easily.

RedDevilWheezy
07-20-2016, 05:56 AM
You have to remove the tail plastic to get to the threaded studs and wiring connectors. T27 screwdriver for all fasteners. Remove pillion seat, then rider seat. One screw in between the two seats, two screws in the front of the plastic on the top and two more in the front on the bottom. Pull the plastics off and you can reach the signals easily.

Thanks man!

Chicknstripn
07-20-2016, 09:57 AM
www.buellmods.com
For your bikes service manual

RedDevilWheezy
07-21-2016, 01:58 AM
www.buellmods.com
For your bikes service manual

Sweet, thank you!

RedDevilWheezy
07-22-2016, 02:12 AM
Gonna be hard to get the seat off, had this happen tonight

Edit: Magician locksmith was able to make me a new key for $4.50. Good stuff.

RedDevilWheezy
08-02-2016, 12:19 AM
Any tips on disconnecting the old signals? Got one wire off (gold) and the other one (silver) is being pretty tricky.

In related news the 1125r service manual on Buellmods appears to be corrupted.

RedDevilWheezy
08-02-2016, 12:27 AM

This thing

Edit - disregard, I got it.