PDA

View Full Version : Service atitude/Discount Pricing

Apexlocator
11-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Now that Buell is owned by HD, is there any attitude when you get service? I know some HD dealers don't even want to carry them and dislike the market. Do the ones who do sell them have an inferior attitude toward us sport riders and the bikes in general?

Also, can you get a decent discount on a new one? Every other bike on the planet except for HD is sold at a discount, except for a few special bikes which are in big demand. I refuse to pay list price for anything, let alone the Buell.

buellxb
11-27-2006, 04:38 PM
I got mine on eBay. Skip the dealer crap and save big. This is the best time to buy one and save loads on ebay because for most parts of the country the riding season is over. I got my 2005 Buell XB12Scg for $8,600 on ebay including shipping. Everything went perfect. My bike only had 900 miles and I've put about 100 miles on it so far. There are much better prices on ebay, but I wanted really low miles and I wanted a Scg model.

BuellPartsGuy
11-27-2006, 07:30 PM
I work at a pretty large dealership here in AZ, and I am pretty much the only one in the store that wants to deal with anything Buell. Service doesn't want to work on them. I am a parts guy and had to reset a TPS one day. I have sold a few bikes so far for salesmen, because they don't know a damn thing about them. I am the only person in the parts department that wants to deal with the weird part numbers. Techs hate working on them even though they pay just as well in flat rate as most Harley stuff does. The best way to find a good price on one at a dealer is find a dealer that has had one sitting on the floor for a while (which is the case a most dealers) and most of the time they will work on the price quite a bit for ya. Thats what I have collected working at this dealership anyways.

Apexlocator
11-28-2006, 01:50 AM
Thanks, PartsGuy. I am going to start looking at other bikes again, because I really don't like putting up with any crap after I spend my good money on a bike. The thing with the Jap bikes is that mechanics love to work on them, and they hardly ever need work anyway! I love riding more than worshiping a brand, maybe I need to test ride the XB again...and again....and again.

paperclip
11-28-2006, 01:05 PM
That's what I would suggest. Test drive them and make sure you buy something you are comfortable with. As per dealerships not wanting to work on them, maybe you need to find a dealer who does, or simply report the dealer to HD.

BuellPartsGuy
11-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Reporting them is going to do much. Unless you get about 500 different people calling in, Harley won't give a ****. And as far as from my stand point being in a dealership, I can understand why they may hate dealing with people that ride Buells. Most of the guys a deal with get all pissed off because I don't stock a lot of parts for Buells. I like working on them and even I get sick of every Buell dude bitching at me for not stocking some random fastener for a Buell. If the parts don't move much, I don't stock em...

2Evil4U
11-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Funny you say that. I noticed that with the exception of the turn signal lens, my dealer doesn't stock anything for the Uly. It's not a big deal though, It just gives me an excuse to ride for an hour in a week or so to pick up the parts when they arrive.

They didn't know about the side stand recall either until I asked them to check on it. But they did happen to have one of the replacements in stock for it.

BuellPartsGuy
11-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Dealers get sent 1 recall kit per bike the same as the one in the recall. If they dont stock recall kits, thats pretty bad.... lol

paperclip
11-29-2006, 12:38 PM
I do understand that harley won't care unless a lot of people complain, but it has to start somewhere. As per them bitching about the buell parts not being in stock then they can cry me a river. I had a suzuki, and not once did they have the parts I needed, therefore I always had the excuse to ride, during working hours, to go pick up my parts.

BuellPartsGuy
11-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Yeah, its pretty sad considering how big the dealership I work at is, and not more than like 4 people including me want to have anything to do with Buells.

maybebuell
11-29-2006, 10:50 PM
apexman you said buell is owned my HD now..is this something new..Did HD buy buell out

ironhead1977
11-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Buells' are to cool to let a few arrogant dealers deter anyone from owning one. I have 2 buells and 2 harleys. If a dealer will not treat my buells correctly they sure won't get the chance to touch my harleys or provide parts for them.

azsnow
11-30-2006, 10:19 PM
HD has owned Buell for years. Eric has remained the CEO, but had to sell in order to keep Buell afloat. When Buell came out with the tube frame bikes, they had a shock that gave out and damn near killed some people, that sent them into the red. The reason Techs don't like to work on Buells, is the same reason we hate going to the dealership. Nothing sucks worse than getting the bike on the lift, discovering there is more work to be done than what was thought, and go to the parts window to find out its not in stock, or break a clip and its not in stock either. When you are paid on Flat Rate, Time is money. Plus most of the work these days consists of slapping on some chrome. Ever see any chrome on a Buell? When they come in for service, you can't make a buck as fast as you can on a HD. And yes I have experience in this area in Arizona. I was a Tech till I decided that I wanted to actually make money, not just get by. Its been back to school for me!

maybebuell
12-01-2006, 10:43 AM
thanks for info AZ...