PDA

View Full Version : Done some mods and things aren't perfect. Need some help!

ADAMLEE
05-27-2009, 01:51 PM
I've installed Renthal low rise bars and got everything re-installed. Problem is the cables seem a bit too short. I've read where people cut 1" off each end, is that needed to make this work perfectly? Everythings works but the throttle is kinda sticky. It doesn't roll back after I let off the gas.

Second problem is when I started hunting down the cables to find cable to free up some tension I noticed my forks have been smashing my throttle cables against the frame. Anyone else seen this before? How hard is it to replace throttle cables?

any links would be appreciated?

Help..............

only1reds
05-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Everythings works but the throttle is kinda sticky. It doesn't roll back after I let off the gas.

When I installed the Crossroads -7 degree bars I had the same issue. I had to adjust the throttle with a screw driver. DONE

my forks have been smashing my throttle cables against the frame.

Mine were also doing the samething but didn't effect the throttle's response. I figured it was done originally from the stock set-up. In my opinion, wouldn't think you should have much to worry about once adjusting the throttle.

Hopefully this helps, but if I am wrong or incorrect, someone please correct me, Thanks Rei

ADAMLEE
05-27-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the help!

Where did you adjust the throttle at? I would guess near the carbs, but being a nub mechanic I really dont know. I'll check my buell guide tonight when I get home.

Thanks again!

only1reds
05-29-2009, 08:52 PM
You have to first remember if you properly placed the throttle cord/line inside of the throttle grip.

If so, then all you'll need to do is loosen the screws on the throttle to adjust it (move it slightly away from the controls. Possibly if you have bar end plugs, that could also be causing the throttle to stick in addition to having it put back together so tightly) and prevent it from sticking.

A lot of times when changing handlebars, we tend to put them back on too tight, very common.

That's what has worked for me, hopefully it will work for you.