PDA

View Full Version : 08 Uly - Ignition timing tables & erratic right blinker

LJIvasiv82
09-22-2016, 03:25 PM
I've hooked up with an awesome dude in NYC area with an identical bike and we've been comparing notes, mods & performance. He's certainly much more knowledgeable than I, previously a mechanic but I try to pull my weight as much as I can.

I sent him my stock EEPROM for comparison and he noted that my front/rear cylinder ignition timings were the same, while his the rear was different. We went to a third source of a stock EEPROM for comparison and to see which one is actually stock. Apparently my front/rear timings have been edited. So my question, are the the front/rear timings always different or maybe at some point they were the same? The previous owner was clueless of the ECM and I'm surprised he's just alter the rear timings & not the fuel maps as well.

My right blinker is erratic, it blinks normally, then twice the speed & normal again. I was told maybe the bulb is out, checked and both are fine. Left blinker is totally fine and engine RPM seems to have no effect. Last weekend I redid the grounding at the front (triple tree) and moved the hardness a little, maybe that's the cause but it seems like this is not a wiring issue.

Thanks guys,
Lyu

njloco
09-22-2016, 06:49 PM
Can't help you with the ECM, but as far as the signal goes, try switch the bulbs and see if that gives you some kind of indication of what is wrong.

Cooter
09-22-2016, 08:35 PM
The turn signal issue is a bad contact somewhere. When it's blinking quickly, look at what isn't lighting up. That the circuit to check.

We're going to need a bunch more info to answer your ECM question, like screen shots of the tables, but why? Does it run well? Ride it.

AZmidget91
09-22-2016, 09:05 PM
Yes, the timing tables are usually different. I would put stock maps back in it, and go from there. Let me know if you need any maps or any help ECM wise...