PDA

View Full Version : BIG Press Release!

Hughlysses
09-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Posted this morning:

PRESS RELEASE - EBR Motorcycles; Looking Ahead

East Troy, WI – EBR Motorcycles (Erik Buell Racing) announces the release of their 2017 model year American Sportbikes and progress with the rebuilding of the iconic motorcycle brand.

“It has been an amazing summer since the new EBR was launched. You can imagine the challenges restructuring the new company, but we have made really nice progress building our base for 2017 to launch this week,” said Bill Melvin, owner of EBR. “Our dealers have had nice success selling bikes this summer and we have many new ones coming on. Our quality is continuously improving, our supplier relationships established, and now we are looking towards the future. This fall we have something ‘Quick, Dark, and Low’ in the works that should be exciting for urban street riders, and we are making real progress on expanding the range of models of the 1190 platform, as well as developing and delivering accessories that our EBR riders want. There is a bright future for EBR, and as part of that work is proceeding on a sub-$10k platform for 2018.”

EBR Motorcycles has many exciting updates that will be seen soon. The 2017 models hit the showrooms this week. EBR plans to attend the International Motorcycle Shows in Long Beach, California; New York, New York; Dallas, Texas; and Chicago, Illinois. Show visitors will get to see and learn more about the 2017 models. EBR also will show off selected upcoming 2017 ˝ & 2018 model prototypes at different shows. EBR Apparel will launch within weeks with clothing celebrating the brand, and the team continues international racing as EBR Splitlath with Shelina Moreda at the helm. Along with new products, EBR is reviewing applications for their new Global Sales Director to support and grow EBR’s dealer base organically and through strategic partnerships.

“It’s a great time to ride the only American Sportbike, designed by Erik Buell, and we encourage patriotic Americans to meet these new EBR dealers for a test ride,” said Steve Smith, CEO of EBR. “Of course we had some bumps over the last year, but the road is looking pretty smooth now. It’s exciting to see growth into our next steps and exciting that we can help support the Buell Nation of enthusiasts and riders.”

Dealers, Global Distributors, and riders looking for information on the EBR lineup can visit www.EBR.com or EBR Motorcycles on Facebook.

djs2k2
09-23-2016, 02:23 PM
Yesssssssssss..........

Cooter
09-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Is that why the 2014 EBR's are $7500 now? Because the 2017's will be "sub $10k"? Either way an AMAZING bargain:up:

Hughlysses
09-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Is that why the 2014 EBR's are $7500 now? Because the 2017's will be "sub $10k"? Either way an AMAZING bargain:up:

The sub-$10k bike will be a 2018 model, and if the rumors are true, it will be an all-new model.

Mope
09-23-2016, 04:04 PM
2014's will be three model years removed and from a different company. It makes every bit of sense for them to be cleared out and to be a distant memory before 2017, 2017.5, and 2018 models start hitting the floor or advertising channels. No need to add any extra hesitation about future viability by taking a look at 2017 models and see 2014 models sitting alongside that have gone unsold.

I believe EBR went around and collected any of the remaining bikes that were in showrooms to liquidate them out (at least, I saw they did so at NHRS and I assume the did/tried to do the same across the board). That's good business planning as far as I'm concerned (and a helluva good deal for anyone picking one up).

BuellyBagger
09-23-2016, 05:26 PM
so where is my "AX"????? still shows as a shadowy "future model" @ ebr.com? oh well guess ill keeeeep waiting. Low and dark sound cool though!

Hughlysses
09-23-2016, 06:00 PM
EBR's done some updates to their webpage. The "motorcycles" section has no info on the 2017's, but if you go to the "store" section, you can put a deposit down on one. Looks like base prices went up a little. There are 5 colors available for each bike, and some colors cost more than others.

GregoXB
09-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Is there anyway possible they could release a platform similar to the XB models?

Mope
09-23-2016, 07:40 PM
I'm curious about the 1190 platform expansion statement - iirc the AX wasn't going to be based on the 1190....at least not both cylinders (don't quote me, I'm too lazy to look up the insider AX statements).

Similar to the xb models? yea, that's the RX and SX :) The frame, perimeter brakes, underslung exhaust, etc. If you mean will they do more air cooled bikes? my opinion is hell to the no. Even the 250R they engineered was liquid cooled.

I actually think the dark/quick/low for URBAN RIDERS is going to be a small displacement bike (they did gain some experience and intellectual capital from the OREH development). I ride the 1190 here in Chicago and it's too much bike for stops/goes/traffic. Also, a lower displacement bike expands the brand and market and opens the interest for more dealers instead of the brand only offering a race bike (essentially). I feel like i'm seeing better business acumen and that's reassuring.

Mope
09-23-2016, 07:42 PM
"EBR also will show off selected upcoming 2017 ˝ & 2018 model prototypes at different shows"

Long beach is like 6 weeks out.......i'm salivating for prototypes!

GregoXB
09-23-2016, 08:51 PM
I feel like there is a market for the air cooled twin..... BMW R Nine T, Ducati Scrambler.....

wickedchop
09-23-2016, 11:33 PM
Fantastic news on all fronts and I agree with what all of you above said. I think in addition to all that they need to get Shelina and the EBR race team more involved in AMA and Motoamerica and get away from the pan delta series stuff and get more exposure here which will hopefully sell more 1190's and get some of the jap bike buyers on the American side. Fingers crossed.....

Cooter
09-24-2016, 12:27 AM
Hey Grego, I hear ya. I've had a bunch of XB's and loved them all (almost, :black_eyed:). Drooled over a 1125CR got it and found the track which is super fun! But I still couldn't stand not having an XB anymore. So I bought an STT:love_heart: Just something about them...

Mope, the 1190 is too much for everyday use? I am itching for an SX really, really, badly.

Mope
09-24-2016, 03:53 AM
No, I don't think it's too much for everyday use. I am also in the minority of riders who is literally in an urban center (none of that "I live in the suburbs, but say I live in the city" chit). Bikes need to be spun up and run; superbikes can't really leave first gear in most urban driving conditions. Low displacement bikes are usually 'better' for urban riders and I think making a model that fits that generalization for the masses is a fair move for EBR in looking to build a brand. That's for the masses.........not me :)

I loved my xb bikes and will probably get a 'forever' xb when I get out of the city. While liquid cooled, the CR still had a fair number of issues for urban riders.

TPEHAK
09-24-2016, 04:07 AM
Low displacement motorcycles are not universal, most people ride motorcycles everywhere, not only in downtown area or for morning commute. Also low displacement motorcycles are less reliable than motorcycles with big engines. Plus motorcycles with small engines, tiny pipes and skinny tires do not look cool.

mrlogix
09-24-2016, 04:53 AM
I think a smaller displacement (600cc +) would be a good market strategy for newer younger generation. Fuel prices can go haywire any day. A daily urban bike that can deal with traffic and be fun is a smart move. The RX/SX platform is great, but need a bread and butter/ high volume/reasonably priced bike is a money maker. That's what EBR needs, cash.

user_deleted
09-24-2016, 10:12 AM
Also low displacement motorcycles are less reliable than motorcycles with big engines.

where the hell do you come up with this stuff?

oh9bolt
09-24-2016, 01:06 PM
:up: ^^

wickedchop
09-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Also low displacement motorcycles are less reliable than motorcycles with big engines.

where the hell do you come up with this stuff?

I beat the living FU@K out of my LOW DISPLACEMENT track bike and it takes it without a hiccup at 8 to 10hrs every track day!!!!!! Bulletproof.....

Cooter
09-24-2016, 10:48 PM
I can personally tell you how even a moderate HP 'city bike' like the XB will get you in trouble with a 43mph in a 25mph ticket... 25 YARDS from my driveway a month ago:down:

djs2k2
09-24-2016, 10:54 PM
Wow 25 yds you need to be more observant lol.....

Cooter
09-25-2016, 12:56 AM
No s**t:(
I didn't even get to shift.

wickedchop
09-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Dave I would love to have an 1190 for the track. Maybe next yr man.....

St1tch
09-27-2016, 04:32 AM
I feel like there is a market for the air cooled twin..... BMW R Nine T, Ducati Scrambler.....

:up::up: This guy gets it.

Hughlysses
09-27-2016, 12:52 PM
:up::up: This guy gets it.

Yea, that'd be great, but unless Erik starts buying engines from HD again, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Rotax doesn't make any air-cooled motorcycle engines, and there's just no way EBR, with 2 or 3 engineers on staff currently and limited cash on hand, could design and tool up for a new engine at this point.

Cooter
09-27-2016, 04:18 PM
There is a purity in a bike that's air cooled, but there is also a finite amount of reliable horsepower you can make with that architecture. HP=heat:(

Bring back spokes!!

user_deleted
09-27-2016, 11:04 PM
I beat the living FU@K out of my LOW DISPLACEMENT track bike and it takes it without a hiccup at 8 to 10hrs every track day!!!!!! Bulletproof.....
that's because it's a 90 degree-V suzuki.....wally. whether in 650 or 1000 itineration.....one of the great motorcycle engines of all time. took 1 of mine for over-niter this past weekend. incredible bikes that get no attention or respect whatsoever which continues to amaze me.54515452

wickedchop
09-27-2016, 11:28 PM
Looks like you had a great weekend John....living the dream. Yes, the 90 degree Suzuki is flat out bulletproof, I'm good to my small collection that i have but I have to say I am NOT nice to my track bike AT ALL!!!!! I beat it relentlessly. My buddy runs one in the black group (expert) and has been beating it to death for five yrs straight w zero problems. His bike looks like it's homeless..lol, but he is ripping off 1:35 lap times at thunderbolt and gunning down slower guys in black group on $20,000 fully prepped litre bikes.

GregoXB
09-28-2016, 01:03 AM
I can't be trusted with too much HP.

TPEHAK
09-29-2016, 04:50 AM
Erik Buell will never do beginner bikes or small displacement motorcycles again, here is the proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDsu93esQMc

St1tch
09-29-2016, 07:11 AM
Yea, that'd be great, but unless Erik starts buying engines from HD again, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Rotax doesn't make any air-cooled motorcycle engines, and there's just no way EBR, with 2 or 3 engineers on staff currently and limited cash on hand, could design and tool up for a new engine at this point.

I would think the air cooled units would come from collaboration from either Victory, S&S, or perhaps Indian. Wishful thinking more less. But I most definitely see your point. I have been in manufacturing for most my life, and tooling can be extremely cost prohibitive. I have my fingers crossed.

Chicknstripn
09-29-2016, 11:15 AM
That video was done in early 2009(or late 2008 can't quiet remember) prior to Harley pulling the plug on Buell.
The motor company was still the puppet master.
After the divorce Erik went on to design small displacement motorcycles for HERO. Some actually looked extremely appealing. However, those bikes never made to the American market. I'm not even sure if they made it to production considering how brief the HERO/EBR honeymoon was.

A blast IS NOT a middle weight sportbike.

No offense to those that love Erik but as long as someone else is flipping the bill I think he'll produce/design what he has to in order to keep HIS vision alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if EBR comes up with something similar, in regards to performance, as the 675triple(MV Agusta or Triumph) or the 899 Ducati twin.
The bikes that use those engine configurations are middle weight sports bikes. A BLAST WAS NEVER DESIGNED to compete with those bikes.

But I do agree, I don't think we'll see anything like a blast come from EBR

Hughlysses
09-29-2016, 11:46 AM
No offense to those that love Erik but as long as someone else is flipping the bill I think he'll produce/design what he has to in order to keep HIS vision alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if EBR comes up with something similar, in regards to performance, as the 675triple(MV Agusta or Triumph) or the 899 Ducati twin.
The bikes that use those engine configurations are middle weight sports bikes. A BLAST WAS NEVER DESIGNED to compete with those bikes.

You may recall that the big Cycle World article on the closure of Buell (written by Steve Anderson, who worked at Buell and EBR) mentioned that Buell was working on designing a range of 3-cylinder middleweight bikes starting in the fall of 2007. I'd imagine those designs were complete well before Buell's closure, and there may have even been prototypes on the road. I'll bet all that IP stayed with Harley Davidson, but I'd think EBR remembers a lot of (if not all of) what they learned during that design process and could recreate those designs if that's the way they want to go.

BuellyBagger
09-29-2016, 11:56 AM
I was betting on a big single cylinder? Doesnt rotax still make 500-600cc singles? I'm also speculating the AX will be available as a 1125cc(which is plenty of power!) and maybe like a 6-800 cc sort of like the dual sport line up from BMW???

Soo like a hastur (since erik already built that...) and a bmw 800gs and 1200 gs maybe??

Chicknstripn
09-29-2016, 11:58 AM
One thing about Buell enthusiasts, we sure are dreamers!

BuellyBagger
09-29-2016, 12:01 PM
One thing about Buell enthusiasts, we sure are dreamers!

you got that right, i think the longest threads on this forum are the ones where we all to get to do our "what if", but it sure is FUN!

GregoXB
09-29-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm pretty sure when Hero stiffed Erik for 20 mil, he did not hand over the completed designs for the motorcycles. Probably left out crucial details, because as far as I know, those motorcycles have not come to production yet. I know Hero desperately tried to bribe the EBR mechanics and engineers to work for Hero after the fall out.

Hughlysses
09-29-2016, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure when Hero stiffed Erik for 20 mil, he did not hand over the completed designs for the motorcycles. Probably left out crucial details, because as far as I know, those motorcycles have not come to production yet. I know Hero desperately tried to bribe the EBR mechanics and engineers to work for Hero after the fall out.

Nope, Hero has not been able to complete the designs for any of the EBR-designed bikes. They kept touting the EBR-designed HX250R (later, they dropped the R) which was going to be their first truly modern bike. At first Hero said EBR's closure would cause a minor delay in the release of this bike, then they said the bike would come out this year, and now they're saying "don't expect it any time soon".

While that the slew of launches are most welcome, enthusiasts waiting for Hero to bring its performance offerings are in a for a disappointment. Mr Munjal stated that the company's plans to introduce the performance motorcycle range has taken a back seat as the two wheeler maker wants to concentrate on its expansion plans to across several markets in India and overseas, while also working on the re-working of policy after GST (Goods and Services Tax) comes in. This means that the company won't bring what it calls the 'EBR Package'. Developed in collaboration with Erik Buell Racing package comprises of products like the highly awaited EBR 250 and Hastur models. This also means that products like the Xtreme 200, XF3R and even the speculative Impulse 250 won't make it to showrooms anytime soon.

Source: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hero-to-launch-15-products-by-end-of-this-fiscal-all-new-achiever-coming-t his-month-1453113

:triumphant:

SaveFerris
10-05-2016, 05:25 AM
Cooter, move now. I just got a 2015 SX with 3 miles on it from Liquid Asset Partners (EBR's Parent Co.) in Grand Rapids, MI for $7900. They don't have too many left. You can find them on eBay with the same seller name.

TPEHAK
10-07-2016, 02:32 AM
If you want to ride in city environment electric powered bicycle is way more appropriate for that than any motorcycle and can be faster than any motorcycle even faster than high displacement motorcycles.

Here is the motorcycle hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leLZZK4llYE

BambamXB12r
10-07-2016, 03:20 AM
The only thing that sucks about them is their limited range.

Cooter
10-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Not true at all. Check out the range on the newest generation on Li-ion electric bikes. Pretty respectable!
Here's my old Felt I converted. Just a cheap 36 volt motor and controller, but even that is surprisingly fast and has good range.

GregoXB
10-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Yea but the motorcycle gets more chicks.

BambamXB12r
10-07-2016, 05:30 PM
I guess it all depends on what your definition of limited range is and how long your average in town ride is.

Cooter
10-07-2016, 06:14 PM
The chicks you get to pick up on a bicycle are a little um..."hairy"...

I think 100 miles is as long as I want to sit on a bicycle seat anyway
https://optibike.com/long-range-touring/

airbozo
10-07-2016, 06:16 PM

I think 100 miles is as long as I want to sit on a bicycle seat anyway
https://optibike.com/long-range-touring/

For that price you could buy a motorcycle. Even a Zero if you want electric. What are they smoking?

Cooter
10-07-2016, 09:15 PM
I know, right?
They are just showing it's possible. That tech will trickle down soon enough. For about $350 investment, I get over 30 miles on mine (and still have pedals:))

upthemaiden
10-20-2016, 01:42 PM
/[/url]

There's a few, but the one thing you're guaranteed to get is a girl with some real legs.

Agreed bicycles are by far the quickest way to get anywhere in the city. One of the main reasons I sold my xb was because I got tired of sitting on an air cooled paint shaker at redlights and in traffic with no air to cool it. Now that I live in the suburbs, I wish I still had it every day. Either way, when I loved in the city I'd make it home on my bicycle and be on my couch relaxing before most people were even out of downtown gridlock, whether they were on a motorcycle or in a car.

As far as the smaller displacement bikes..... the "small" bikes coming from manufactures now are all closer to 800cc. I could definitely see EBR putting something out in that range. You don't need a whole new motor, just drop the displacement on the current engine(just like the xb9 and xb12), and tune it so it's a little more rideable in more circumstances. The SX looks amazing but the same thing I see in every review that makes me feel like I'd never own one, is how they didn't sacrifice anything from the RX motor, and you're still riding on a top end race motor. When I was 21, the thought of "detuning" a motor for midrange sounded like a crime, but now that I actually ride bikes more for transportation than I do for fun, I get it. Bottom end and midrange is what makes a bike fun. I barely ever get the time or a place to get my bike near the redline anymore. The one thing I'd LOVE to see from EBR, is any displacement version of the 1190, with a smooth bottom end, most of the power in the midrange, and a short stubby tail and headlight more like the XB12S.

GregoXB
10-20-2016, 02:33 PM
It's really the tall gearing that makes the EBR 1190 a bit of a chore at lower RPMs. EBR actually sells a kit to convert to shorter gears specifically for that.

As far as the heat off the XB, it depends what season you ask me. If you ask me in December, I like having a thigh/butt warmer lol....... Just came back from a 600 mile trip to Vermont and I am very grateful for the warmer lmao

upthemaiden
10-20-2016, 04:56 PM
That's very true. Before I got the xb with the belt, I've always dropped the hearing on all of my bikes a few teeth. I bet that would make an already fast 1190 just crazy to ride.

Agreed about the benefits of a hot engine on cold days! I've thawed out plenty of numb fingers on engine cases while sitting at red lights. I'm sure people think I'm nuts when they've seen me lean over at a stop and stick my hand right on a hot engine.

Hughlysses
10-20-2016, 07:12 PM
The one thing I'd LOVE to see from EBR, is any displacement version of the 1190, with a smooth bottom end, most of the power in the midrange...

Have you ridden an 1190? I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

GregoXB
10-20-2016, 07:30 PM
I sold my 1190SX, but if I kept it I would have installed the shorter gear set. Bike was mental though. If I twisted the throttle in 5th gear at 6,000 rpm with traction control set to 10, every moving vehicle on the highway would immediately start going backwards and I would hit 110mph before I blinked. It had grunt everywhere and in every gear. It made my buddy's Ducati S4r look like a sloth.

upthemaiden
10-21-2016, 12:49 PM
Have you ridden an 1190? I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

I have not. There isn't a dealer for hours from where I live. If one ever pops up closer I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Demo Days. I'm sure I'd thoroughly enjoy it, I'm purely going off of all the reviews I've seen/read that talk about it really being a sportbike motor with most of the power on the top end. I'm someone who likes to putt around at 2000-2500rpm on my way back and forth to work, so the S1/XB engines suit me pretty well. I haven't looked at the torque/HP charts, but considering the 1190 has a bonus 100hp over my S1, I'm sure the power would be more than plenty even if I never left low rpms.

SaveFerris
11-04-2016, 07:24 AM
@upthemaiden, This is purely subjective observation on my part, but my 1190 doesn't much care to be below 2500 rpm. Everywhere after that though, there's enough torque to launch it skyward like a homesick angel. Cruising around in the city is pretty much limited to second gear, and sometimes third. In discussing my Ulysses with Erik, vs. his SX set up for touring, he pointed out that the 1190 has a much lighter flywheel than the XB's.

Keenan
11-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I have not. There isn't a dealer for hours from where I live. If one ever pops up closer I'll be sure to keep an eye out for Demo Days. I'm sure I'd thoroughly enjoy it, I'm purely going off of all the reviews I've seen/read that talk about it really being a sportbike motor with most of the power on the top end. I'm someone who likes to putt around at 2000-2500rpm on my way back and forth to work, so the S1/XB engines suit me pretty well. I haven't looked at the torque/HP charts, but considering the 1190 has a bonus 100hp over my S1, I'm sure the power would be more than plenty even if I never left low rpms.
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
My RX idles at about 1900 RPM, Soft redline at 11k, 2k-2.5krpm is a bit on the doggy side, but comparing it to an xb, cruising at 4krpm is somewhat comparable to 2k rpm

njloco
01-26-2017, 10:45 PM
I was hoping to buy a Black Lightning next year, so much for that.

HighwayHum72
01-27-2017, 12:14 AM
well that just sucks big fat donkey d!@%.......dammit, s.o.a.b, mf, just great...:upset:

BambamXB12r
01-27-2017, 12:28 AM
WTF, I was looking for an EBR this year.

SEXT9
01-27-2017, 03:24 AM
Here's another one:
http://www.motorcycle.com/features/cant-catch-a-break-ebr-announces-its-closure-again.html

BambamXB12r
01-27-2017, 06:16 AM
I wonder how long they will continue to honor their warranty. Has anyone with an EBR heard anything from the company?

GregoXB
01-27-2017, 11:40 AM
I told Eric when I saw him at the NYC auto show that he is not promoting his product well enough. He is an amazing engineer but he is a terrible businessman. You can have the best product in the world but if you don't know how to sell it, its all for nothing.

BuellyBagger
01-27-2017, 12:03 PM
m0t#er FuC&3R.... really sad. had high hopes, as many did.

Chicknstripn
01-27-2017, 12:13 PM
Buell/EBR defines insanity.
Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

So sad!

wickedchop
01-27-2017, 01:06 PM
Definitely very very sad. The bottom line is, is that the 1190 is very capable of performing on a world class level with the right rider on board in nearly stock trim. What a let down yet once again. Total bummer......

user_deleted
01-27-2017, 01:50 PM
http://www.aimag.com/american-iron-news-ebr-to-shut-down/ EBR shutting down again!

i remarked during both the Bruce Balfour love-fest on here....and the EBR re-resurrection....that not a single dealer i know is remotely interested in signing on with yet another upstart. and that a "stand-alone" EBR dealer is impossible in todays' financial and competition-laden climate. naturally i was cast asunder. having said that this whole "EBR" situation has now become comical.

GregoXB
01-27-2017, 02:33 PM
With a company like Victory going out, even if Erik did everything right in terms of business, he was probably doomed the day Harley cut his throat.

Hughlysses
01-31-2017, 01:42 PM
This was posted to Facebook this morning by EBR engineer Dan Hurda:

I just want to clarify for people exactly what the press release concerning EBR said.

EBR Motorcycles is ceasing manufacturing operations and winding down that part of the business. The company is NOT closing.
Warranty and service parts will continue to be available for the foreseeable future.

The volume of orders and phone calls has increased dramatically since the press release, so if you aren't getting immediate responses to your questions it is not because we stopped shipping parts or answering email, it is simply that just like before the press release there is a very small staff at EBR but now there is 4 or 5 times the work. Be patient we will answer your questions, we will ship your orders.

If you do have parts of technical questions as always email them to parts@ebr.com or tech@ebr.com do not ask them via Facebook.

thefrenchowl
02-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Hi, Newbie here, can't see a check in place!!!

Anyway...

So, what little staff is now left at EBR are moaning cause they are overloaded with work...

The world will never change!!!

Patrick

midway
02-03-2017, 02:27 PM
Oh CRAP!!! I don't want a piece of **** Harley... All I every wanted was the sound and thunder of a Harley on a sport bike.

Mope
02-03-2017, 02:53 PM
Hi, Newbie here, can't see a check in place!!!

Anyway...

So, what little staff is now left at EBR are moaning cause they are overloaded with work...

The world will never change!!!

Patrick

And the douchebag of the day award goes to.........this ****ing idiot up there! Who apparently created a profile just to drive by with a random thought. God, we sure do like random ass opinions as posts; they're super helpful.

If you've ever met any of the guys there (which clearly, you have not), there's no way you'd consider a single one of them as whiners. They signed on to be overloaded with work.

thefrenchowl
02-03-2017, 09:46 PM
Sorry Mope, if you do work there, I hope it will last!!!

I have a Buell cause I like the bike, I have other bikes cause I like the other bikes...

Can't see how liking or owing sommat would make it compulsory to also like the guys who make the sommat, or am I missing sommat?

; O ) Patrick

Chicknstripn
02-03-2017, 10:02 PM
You're not missing anything Frenchie
You said it best yourself
"The world will never change."

You exemplify those words

thefrenchowl
02-03-2017, 10:25 PM
I must be thick, I still don't get it...

Wish I had your insight... know a guy by the 20 words or so he said so far...

But now I've got my 3 posts so I can go and tell you more about me...

So, where do newbies go to present themselves here?

So long,

Patrick

BuellyBagger
02-03-2017, 10:29 PM
Take the pissing match elsewhere fellas. This thread is for being butt hurt about buell closing

user_deleted
02-04-2017, 12:43 AM
I must be thick, I still don't get it...

Wish I had your insight... know a guy by the 20 words or so he said so far...

But now I've got my 3 posts so I can go and tell you more about me...

So, where do newbies go to present themselves here?

So long,

Patrick

don't know if you absconded yet dear patrick....but in conjunction with what Mope and Carlos said....i know Danny Hurda. he is no whiner, moaner, bitcher or complainer. one of the nicest people you'd ever meet who just so happens to be one of the worlds' foremost motorcycle engineers. as a sidebar if you're still here.....GTFO. regards.

wickedchop
02-04-2017, 01:06 AM
^^^^^^ whew.....SEXUAL CHOCOLATE MIC DROP!!!!!!!

user_deleted
02-04-2017, 01:27 AM
^^^^^^ whew.....SEXUAL CHOCOLATE MIC DROP!!!!!!!
nice call wally. and now.....i give you..............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKK2AIHwZpY

Dobe1
02-04-2017, 01:43 AM

rchuff
02-04-2017, 01:50 AM
I love this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user_deleted
02-04-2017, 02:58 AM
Are you wearing your action shorts again John?
had them on this afternoon dave. 18 year old neighbor chick who cleans my house was here doing her work and says i look adorable in them.6429

user_deleted
02-04-2017, 03:06 AM
There is no point Patrick, this forum has a long standing tiny circle of members who tolerate no new members who won't kiss their tired old asses. However there is an alternative that steals their knoledge base and stays off the open board completely. You are welcome to join us anytime in private message and welcome to PM underground. Same help with your Buell... but without drama or brown nosing.

My God! look who's back. careful there patrick. that PM underground thing he speaks of is a notorious porn and transvestite dating site.

thefrenchowl
02-04-2017, 09:52 AM
Hi, welcoming friends...`

I'll only say I probably knew of Erik Buell way before any of you, but I'm not here to boast...

I can see tongue in cheek is in very short supply with you fellas ; O )

I can't see a bar section either, so maybe you're right.

Anyway, you might have guessed, I'm a Frenchman (come on, I want to hear all your white flag jokes... there must be still a few I haven't heard yet...) and been living in Great Britain since 1984.

So, old age creeping in, I bought a lecky bike cause I can't kickstart anymore my old steeds... Thought over the years that Buells were both innovative and well thought of, I mean, it would need about a 1000 of your lot to come up and realise what Erik did with his own grey cells...

So here we are, I am now the owner of a 08 blue Ulysses XB12X, that the one where the engine still looks vaguely like a proper engine, not the monstrosity designed in Austria by a very sick child... This austrian engine, probably the one and only error in Erik's distinguished career, and probably why no one but a few want to have anything to do with them these days... Shame, but life goes on and I'm sure he'll be back again...

Bye for now,

Patrick

user_deleted
02-04-2017, 02:12 PM
, I'm a Frenchman (come on, I want to hear all your white flag jokes... there must be still a few I haven't heard yet...)

"I'd rather have 3 German battalions in front of me than 1 French battalion behind me."
Gen. George S. Patton/8-21-1944 (when asked if he needed flank support on his march towards the German border.

thefrenchowl
02-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Ah, so G. S. Patton (or your goodself???) did not know his flank from his back side... Could be interesting in the middle of the battle!!!

Patrick