PDA

View Full Version : Need help!

Doc4thDVN
11-21-2016, 02:30 PM
I am looking at buying a Buell Fire Bolt XB9R (guy is selling it for $450)
I'll post pictures below, but he says that "it was layed down. it needs a peg, grip,and two new rims. Both rims are bent. it has 18,255 miles on it. the motor does run but one of the sensers are messed up because if you let the clutch out it cuts off." How much would I be looking at for making this bike tip-top street shape?

Silverrider
11-21-2016, 03:33 PM
Hurry buy it, at that price !

BuellyBagger
11-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Yeah you could easily make 450 back in parts

Chicknstripn
11-21-2016, 04:49 PM
You could make $450 off the the body work alone!
Sounds like it needs a TPS reset, clutch adjustment and some general TLC.
The rims/wheels will be the most expansive parts to aquire. The scuffs in the plastics and be sanded and buffed back to original condition.
At $450 you could buy rims for it off eBay for $400-$600, depending on the auction, and still have a bike that you could sell for $3k.
Is the frame jacked up at all? Couldn't tell from your pics. And is the tittle still clear?

Simplymichaeljr
11-21-2016, 07:13 PM
If you're somewhat mechanically inclined then you have a great deal in front of you. Go for it.

capebay23
11-21-2016, 07:22 PM
And is the tittle still clear?

This is the biggest issue imo. Either way, I'd jump on it.

Doc4thDVN
11-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Got a response from the seller saying that he does not have a title and the frame is good.
I am not VERY mechanically inclined, however I have family that is :).

BuellyBagger
11-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Got a response from the seller saying that he does not have a title and the frame is good.

Getting a bonded title is a pretty serious pain in the a $$ here, but check into it in your area (if you want to ride it)or run the vin and make sure it's not stolen and part it out.

Cecilsan
11-22-2016, 05:07 PM
In terms of it cutting off when you let out the clutch, that could be as simple as the kickstand wire being frayed or damaged. Still thinks the kickstand is down and kills the bike. You can either fix the wire or bypass it with the 'diode trick' in the fuse box

Chicknstripn
11-22-2016, 05:14 PM
^^^absolutely agree on the kickstand switch.
What year is it? I forget early models had that switch.

user_deleted
11-22-2016, 10:39 PM
in all probability a parts bike only and this is why: most states don't want a wreck back on their respective roads which is your strike 1. your strike 2 is that the title is "lost". strike 3 is the amount of hoops you'll be forced to jump thru to not only prove that you have made it "road-worthy" again but to have DOT/DMV in your state regenerate a new dedicated title for it in your name. unless you plan on breaking it up for parts strongly advise telling the seller you'll buy it IF and only IF you can obtain a title...then go directly to your notary or DMV, give them the VIN, and have them tell YOU what all is needed to procure a title. do NOT rely on some state website for that info. go directly to them with VIN in hand and share the VIN info which changes everything. i am not trying to discourage you from a fun project but having experience here in PA with such bikes i am telling you it can be an absolute horror show getting that title....and PA is more the norm with such things than the exception.

rchuff
11-23-2016, 09:56 AM
I would listen to John! I had a Yamaha that had no title and it turned out to be a nightmare. I parted out the bike and made my money back and some more but that was a pain in the a-s in itself.