PDA

View Full Version : ’08 1125R for $9k + fees?

Grem
05-31-2009, 02:32 AM
Fellow Buellers,

I have a dilemma on my hands. I own a ‘05 Firebolt and I was able to talk myself into the below deal for a ‘08 1125r. It sounds like an awesome deal but would like to use my fellow riders as a soundboard. There is a time limit on my decision, 4pm TOMORROW (SUN)!

1125R base: $8,995.00
Freight: $897
Prep: $588
Tax (8.1%): 484.43
Doc: 399.95
Reg & Lic: $216.33

Total deal: $11,581.34

Trade in for ’05 Firebolt: $4,500

Harley loan for difference: 36months @ 3.99% = $209.09 monthly payment.

The base price was due to them honoring an incorrectly stated price online and the loan terms are legit – as on Buell’s website.

So, fellow riders, does all of this look good? Anything seem odd?

dave_xb12r
05-31-2009, 03:07 AM
Where are you located? I know of a dealership that has one for WAY less

dwhite
05-31-2009, 03:14 AM
ya, I know here in Dayton Ohio one shop is selling left over 08's for $7995. Some of the fees seem a bit steep too

dave_xb12r
05-31-2009, 03:20 AM
I agree about the fees. $2000 is normally what you should expect to pay on top of the price of the bike. Prep and doc fees are BS

Grem
05-31-2009, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I had a suspicion that many of the fees were a bit bogus. To inflate their profit margin if they, say, got low balled on the base price. I'm in Tucson Arizona. The dealership told me that the list price (what they pay the manufacturer, or another dealership)was 9K. So, in essence, the accidental web price listing I mentioned was a Grand below their invoice; thereby, supposedly taking a hit on the bikes base price. Just hate to pass this up if it ends up being a deal, or worse, passing a better deal for this one.

06xb9r
05-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah, my Buell dealer is selling them for like $8,495 and their "extra fees" are alot lower too.

taylor
06-01-2009, 04:31 AM
you ever think maybe the dealership put the low price on the internet on purpose to bring you in? it happens more then you think.

dwhite
06-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Here is the craigslist add for the 1125 in my area.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/1181866720.html

This is a post from F&S Harley Davidson Buell in Dayton, Ohio

I would buy a plane ticket and ride it back. What you are suggesting from this dealer is certainly not a deal.

Grem
06-02-2009, 01:54 AM
First, I'd like to thank everyone that assisted me with this decision. I couldn't have don't it without the well informed readership on these (and other) forums.

In the end, I got the bike as above. Some say it was a ****e deal, others so-so, and yet others... great; but, after much research in a short time span, for my area, it was reasonable (dealer 100 miles away gave nearly the same deal - some across the country about a grand less, but then add shipping and hassle). However, I was able to negotiate a deal on service for the bike, which I really wanted anyways as who wants to pay for all those initial "new bike" services, especially with the 1125R and its valve adjustments. Ultimately, its was a good deal for an awesome bike at an earlier point than I ever thought and with, relatively, little research. A great deal, IMHO, would've been about a grand to grand five less w/o the service deal. But, that would've left little profit for them, and make me a hard arse.

For those that are interested, the HD shop got me insurance through Dairyland for about $100/moth. FYI - I'm 26, ridden for 3 yrs and have had several tickets (speed) over the last 3 yrs (no criminal).

If any of you want to ask about specific experience/tactics, I'm more than willing.

Much Obliged,

~C

Stevenc150
06-02-2009, 03:04 AM
Congrats on your new bike and welcome to the Buell Family. Now that you got her, post up some pics. :D

Grem
06-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Yeah, funny thing happened... well not so much funny. Was headed home to take Stevenc150 advice when the instrument cluster was putting out a speed of 0 mph, while I was in 6th, lol. Tried the usual turn on/of and tinkering with whatever was exposed to see if there was a bad connection. Then I noticed the rear turn signals were out, or never on to begin with, as well as the FR turn signal. And they supposedly did a test drive before I came; sure. Managed to get 1 of the 3 working by tapping it. Speedo was good for a nightlight by that time.

So, it was back to the shop for me. Turns out they need it until a new speedo and blinkers come in, 5-7 business days, plus install time. Tech though something might have gotten pinched during assembly (in clip ons) and caused it to ground out as it was popping fuses easily. Guess they were wrong, just bad OEM parts.

Don't call me superstitious but this makes me nervous considering I've never had a vehicle (3 to date) that didn't give me some sort of major problem within a short period of time after getting it. At least I had the sense to get the 5 yr extended service contract which covers, among other things, a rental. It'll damn near pay for itself by the time this is said and done ($750 of the $999). Guess my past experience taught me something; to prepare!

dave_xb12r
06-05-2009, 05:54 AM
My friend has an 1125r and he has had his rear blinkers replaced 4 times I think. He's only had it a few months too.

only1reds
06-05-2009, 04:35 PM
well good you got the extended warranty